Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 3:30:34 PM EDT
well i fail at photography but maybe you can still help me.

i have 4 trees that i believe are plums, 3 are the same and the 4th is different. all have similar bark, similar white flowers. are they all plums?

tree 1, purity sure its a plum tree.

tree 1, with leaf.

tree 2, with leaf from tree 1.

this nice little fig tree (20+ ft tall and just as wide) is hanging over the fence from the neighbors property.

the property also has a peach tree, a pecan tree, a grape vine and i just planted 2 "Ayers" pear trees

what kind of pear tree will go well with the Ayers trees?

im thinking about pulling out the grapes and dropping in some black berries any types to look for/stay away from? any problems with them i should know about?

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Blackberries will only produce fruit the second season––not the first, so don't worry when you don't see fruit the first year.  Keep the "legs" pruned back or it will take over your yard.  You will also get better and bigger fruit if the plant isn't using up all it's water to support the long stems.  Don't over-water and most importantly––plant in the shade.  i would suggest covering the plants with bird-cloth or you will have fat, happy birds and no fruit for you and yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top