Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2008 8:00:16 AM EDT
Any recommendations based on actual use?....200.00$ or less....
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mrs. Feral recently attended a seminar on using wheat.

There were a number of mills there. The Wonder Junior got high marks and was actually liked by most people more than some of the more expensive mills.

Unfortunately, you're at a tough price point as far as mills go.

I have been looking at the Jr. just havent had any extra $$ to spend on a hand mill.  We use the Wonder Mill and like it alot.  it runs just above your price limit at around $230-$240.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the Jr is around 170$....and located in my home state to boot!...
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome tip Feral!...I will do just that, my wife and I were discussing a new mill over the weekend and deciding on how much to spend and all that..she wants something that will acutually produce useable flour to supplement our reg store bought stuff....I'll keep ya posted...
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Just called WonderMill about blemished units, and was directed to eBay.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
we got the country living for over 300 - somewhere out there on the web there is a very detailed comparison of all of them....country living came out on top or neck in neck with another one...ease of cranking, volume, etc.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want a powered mill look at a blendtec. They are having a promo again Here. You need to call because the website will never apply the promo code. They know that and have been telling me they will fix it for nearly a year. Very good unit and only uses 550 watts running and about 700 on startup. Easily ran off my inverter.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone tried the KithenAid Grain Mill Attachment ?
If it produces fine flour you could convert it to hand crank easy enough.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking about a coffee grinder.  Anybody know if they would work?

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone used the BlendTech unit?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
good luck finding a mill right now, it seems that everyone is out of stock and backordered on just about everything in that price range.

WonderMill  Jr. Deluxe Hand mill seems to be the best thing in around your price range.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Has anyone used the BlendTech unit?

Yes. It is built well and has a pretty good warranty. It is well worth the money even at full price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a country living since that was mentioned as "good as it gets for the average joe". However I am going to get the back to basic 555, and try it out. Heard some really good reviews about it at emergency essentials last time I was in there. Should have picked up one, since they (and alot of other places) are sold out now. But they have somce coming in next month. For the $80 they go for, hell it will be nice just to have a spare around incase something happens to the CL mill... so be it I have spare everthing they offer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...For the $80 they go for...

Check here!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...For the $80 they go for...

Check here!

Ill order Monday. Thanks Dane. Do you have one.... mind commenting on what you think of it. All my research says its dam good for what you get. Hence buying another grinder. Then I want a electric for just average home use. Right now my storage has 150 lbs of hard wheat (2/3 white and 1/3 red), plus corn. I bake breads atleast twice a week since I find it fun... and yes Im a guy. I own the bread bakers apprentice and peter reinharts whole grain bread books (well dozens of others but these are the main bread ones.. well add "corn bread gospels" too) and try differnt loafs and such out of them regularly for weekend dinner with the family.

The back to basics has good things said about it HERE and everal other places, but waltonfeed.com also stated it is the slowest but the cheapest he tested. It would add to the "just incase" factor of mechanical devices.. and be good trade items if it ever comes down to it....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks Dane. Do you have one....

Nope, don't own one...  I actually just put one of the BlendTec units above on my wish list for my birthday.   Might get on of the hand powered ones too, tho, for just the reasons you mentioned.  My Google-fu is strong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top