Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:50:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that is a similar product Costco had in the past--they misrepresent on the food value per serving.  I think it provides enough food for a hamster on their time frame.

Or this may be a better product.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That one looks a little better than the Costco bucket.  It's hard to beat for $50.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
How do they preserve food for that long? I am always one to cut out the middle man when I can, but economies of scale are probably working against me here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How do they preserve food for that long? I am always one to cut out the middle man when I can, but economies of scale are probably working against me here.

Freeze dried with lots of salt.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freeze dried with lots of salt.

THanks for the info. I will have to look into that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to bad on the salt IMHO. Considering it is based on the daily value.

Debating on wether to open it up and eat it and see if I like it or not.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#7]
It should be full of a lot of individual packages.  Go ahead and try it out.  The worst time to find out that you don't like it is when it's the only thing that you have to eat
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#8]
If you don't like it you might want to phase it out of your supply. You should make your food supply as appetizing as possible.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll pick one up if they have any in my area.  For $50 that's a lot of food.  Mountain house individual meals are going for $6-$7 bucks a pop and are getting too expensive for even camping trips anymore.  They don't really have many calories and are loaded with sodium (pastas, chicken/rice, etc).  However I do think they taste good.  For only $50 it's hard to go wrong.  The oatmeals and soups sound like a good pick me up for winter camping.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top