Only ships to Canada?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
$16.73 to ship to me. THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I can see the Converter between C$ & A$, but despite selecting A$ it just keeps popping back up to C$...

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
No country drop down box on mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
How bad was it stuck together?   Any chance of ripping it when setting up the first time?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can see the Converter between C$ & A$, but despite selecting A$ it just keeps popping back up to C$...

View Quote

I had the same problem. It will still show CAN in the dropdown after you select the tent but will be priced in USD and allow to ship to the USA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Super tempting at that price but the pics of the interior with all the coating missing made me hesitate long enough to not buy one
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
the Tents do have the Rain Fly (which is what is supposed to keep rain out of a tent anyway.

Figured for the huge discount it was worth the try.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered 4/25.   Delivered today.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone set one of these up yet?

How bad were they stuck together?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my two in this evening. I won't be able to get to them until Sunday. My plan is to soak them for a day or so in some vinegar water in the event they are too stuck together to try and break that bond.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine arrived today, but didn't have time to set it up before the rain started. Everything that should be in it was there, so that's good.

Curious to see how it goes once set up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]
So nobody has tried to set it up yet?    Even indoors?   Not even curious?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine arrived today - was working so I didn't get to play with them ...  Yet ...

Curious about the "sticky interior" and any suggestions or solutions ...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I just set one of mine up in the living room. The inside of the tent is most certainly stuck together. Some of it came apart with little effort and no damage. Then there were other sections that took more effort to separate and caused the peeling of the inner layer that you can see on Napier's web site. The rain fly has the same stickiness that the tent has, although I did not see the same separation in the waterproofing as the tent. I also do not know if the tent will get sticky again, once I take it down to store it and then reassemble.

These are very high quality materials (except for the waterproofing layer). Will it leak in a heavy down pour??? Probability is high. Will it leak with dew or light drizzle?? Maybe, but not enough to worry about. Using a secondary external tent waterproofing spray may do the trick to stop water intrusion. An additional tarp over the system may also solve the problem as well. YMMV.

For $25 plus the ride.... I would say that this is a bargain if you are willing to accept this tent is not 100%.

Edit... This one was assembled straight out of the box. No soaking involved.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just set one of mine up in the living room. The inside of the tent is most certainly stuck together. Some of it came apart with little effort and no damage. Then there were other sections that took more effort to separate and caused the peeling of the inner layer that you can see on Napier's web site. The rain fly has the same stickiness that the tent has, although I did not see the same separation in the waterproofing as the tent. I also do not know if the tent will get sticky again, once I take it down to store it and then reassemble.

These are very high quality materials (except for the waterproofing layer). Will it leak in a heavy down pour??? Probability is high. Will it leak with dew or light drizzle?? Maybe, but not enough to worry about. Using a secondary external tent waterproofing spray may do the trick to stop water intrusion. An additional tarp over the system may also solve the problem as well. YMMV.

For $25 plus the ride.... I would say that this is a bargain if you are willing to accept this tent is not 100%.

Edit... This one was assembled straight out of the box. No soaking involved.
View Quote

If I thought would use it I would take advantage of the deal.  

If so I would turn it inside out,  mix up some home made sealer.   IIRC it is normally a silicone gel caulk thinned with coleman fuel.   Paint on (no smoking).  Let dry well.  Dust with talcum powder to prevent sticking.  

ETA, IT seams that that mix was for resealing seems not for the whole wall fabric panels.   I haven’t found a home brew fabric sealer.  There are two main types though one is for silicone treated fabric that needs one product and eurathane coating needs another type.

I have seam sealed the stitching on a Kelty tent this way.   Long time ago based on tent care info here on arfcom.  Definitely fixed the drips where the tent guy loops were stitched into the wall seam.  Did not like the dripping at my waist line while in my bag.

Cool product but really don’t desire to tie up truck and truck bed.  For where I camp putting the tent on the ground is preferable.  I can see where one’s environment might dictate otherwise.  I am not too fond of snakes or scorpions.  No scorpions here but we do get the rare rattle snake.

If I put something in my 8’ box its going to be a slip in camper unit!

If it was sitting on the clearance shelf right in front of me for $25 I likely would not have the control not to buy it.   It isn’t that much of a risk at that price!  Hell if it sucks you could still use it to cover your firewood.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok...

I pulled the tent out and set it up in the house. I did not soak it or anything, just peeled the stuck sections apart as gently as I could. I was able to minimize peeling by going slowly, keeping things as flat as possible and not peeling anything that was creased.

Many areas I was able to peel apart with no apparent damage, but some spots did seem pretty stuck together and did peel. There's no getting around it, but gentle handling will help. Once set up, it's easy to see where the coating failed, so additional waterproofing of the exterior will be necessary. I'm currently looking at what to use, as the tent is a polyester taffeta material, so I want to ensure I choose the best waterproofing to use.

If anyone tries a soak and separating and it works, I may just pick up a second one.

Still, all considered, a couple bucks in waterproofing spray is a small price to pay for getting one of these tents so inexpensively.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Could be wrong, but usually when the thin polyurethane "waterproofing" coating degrades, it becomes sticky.  Also usually stinks--and that's a sure sign of coating degradation.

As noted, getting the thing warm helps.  So does some talcum powder, or even some "Armor-All" spray, applied as a preventative measure.  

One can brush-on a thin coat of "tent seal" liquid on the bare spots, after wiping down the afflicted area(s) with some alcohol, to promote adhesion.

Some DWR sprayed on the outside of the tent will help, but can be expensive; you'll need quite a bit, and do this last, after repairs.

If I'm correct, and the PU coating has begun to degrade, it will continue to do so, unfortunately.  Hope I'm wrong.  Best of luck!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top