Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2021 8:15:43 AM EDT
Son is looking for a bag...NOT built like a maxpedtion bag. Nothing screams tactical...maybe a real small back pack. To put a small ifak in..some other essential items in.
Thank you guys for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
My son is a Special Needs teacher, he carries his essentials in an Adidas string bag.
Shoulder cords are fairly robust, lays pretty flat on his back.
Water bottle, IFAK, diabetes supplies, wind shirt, fleece beanie and glove liners.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
That might work...Ill let him know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
What's wrong with any school backpack?  Jansport or something?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, he don't want a small backpack...he told me something like the size a fanny pack. He don't want stuff all over he wants it neat.
Something like maxpedtion gearslinger but alot smaller.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe have him take a look at the Patagonia Atom 8L sling bag. Might be close to what he is looking for
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
It'd be helpful to know a rough size, liter-wise.

It's a bit spendy but the Osprey Stratos 24 doesn't look very tactical, has a nice suspension setup, and is very light.

It's the one I grab when I'm planning on blending in but want to carry at least a little bit of gear. You can wear it all day and barely feel it.

They make a small 18L version as well.

Only real downside is it's recognizable as a more expensive brand which could be bad in the wrong neighborhood.

ETA: missed the update on no pack.

Check out the Osprey Daylite shoulder sling bag as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Still wants something a little smaller.
I really appreciate all the help.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Mountainsmith?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Son is looking for a bag...NOT built like a maxpedtion bag. Nothing screams tactical...maybe a real small back pack. To put a small ifak in..some other essential items in.
Thank you guys for any suggestions.
View Quote

Since the primary purpose is IFAK, they're not all tactical and there are lots of different sizes to choose from.  
https://www.rescue-essentials.com/packs-pouches-1/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top