Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:50:34 PM EDT
I am trying to find a stainless steel water bottle roughly the same size as a normal plain jane nalgene bottle.  It seems nalgene does not make these anymore.

I want a single wall stainless bottle that will nest in a nalgene style nesting cup and fit in a water bottle pouch such as the condor H20 pouch or maxpedition offering.  I would also like the same size opening as the nalgene and threads to use nalgene accessories.

Can anyone help with such an item?  I can't seem to find one at all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Google nalgene and stainless. Tons of hits. Here is one.
like this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The KleenKanteen is a great option.....I think its the best made example of what you are looking for....its on this page...just scroll down.

http://www.canteenshop.com/water.html

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am trying to find a stainless steel water bottle roughly the same size as a normal plain jane nalgene bottle.  It seems nalgene does not make these anymore.

I want a single wall stainless bottle that will nest in a nalgene style nesting cup and fit in a water bottle pouch such as the condor H20 pouch or maxpedition offering.  I would also like the same size opening as the nalgene and threads to use nalgene accessories.

Can anyone help with such an item?  I can't seem to find one at all.
View Quote

Looks like the bottle you seek has been posted but figured you might find this archived thread interesting...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_18/670851_Water_bottles_and_containers__what_s_good_for_EDC_and_Outdoor_activities_.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Second on the kleen canteen!  The thing is a tank and rei sells replacement caps just in case you loose one or it gets too close to the fire!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Klean kanteen
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for kleenkanteen
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the Stanley nineteen13 bottles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all.  I originally wanted a stainless bottles that was an exact copy of the original Nalgene bottles with straight walls and threads for water filters.  I don't think they make this item any longer.  I should have been more clear.

Once I got looking at some of the links and doing some more searching I found out that the Guyot designs backpacker bottle with the tapered bottom will nest inside this famous Stanley adventure cook set pot I found.  It should work out better than what I had originally planned.

Thanks for all the links.  I went from trying to find an old product to finding a much more versatile cook set system.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Question for those using the Klean Kanteen and Humangear caps - anyone else have issues with them leaking?  I bought 2 recently at REI and both leak when using the humangear caps.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That was the one I was originally looking at, but went a totally different direction with my plans.  Thank you all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is one for a buck

This guys been re-listing it on armslist for about 6 months now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top