Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2015 4:40:07 AM EDT
What's a good price, what's the difference between tenner and rothco, and last but not least where's a reputable place to buy one. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up two new or like new MSS's from Alhegheny Surplus last year. IIRC they were $120 or so. They are big and bombproof! I slept in the heavy bag while capimg last year and stayed toasty!
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Uncle Sams Retail Outlet.

Old Grouches Surplus. I believe he is a site sponsor here.

I think they are around $100 but I have no clue on price. I retired from the Army after 22yrs and had two left over after clearing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's a good price, what's the difference between tenner and rothco, and last but not least where's a reputable place to buy one. Thanks in advance
View Quote

tennier is an actual gsa supplier whereas rothco is a chinese brand knock off

second uncle sam's retail outlet, they've got complete modular sleep systems for about $100
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:23:07 AM EDT
[#5]
they have the complete systems here for
$69

$69
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody bought from them? I wonder what the condition of the MSS is?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I broke down and bought a new  system off of eBay last back in August. I paid $120 for it. It was brand new and still sealed in the original bag. I would suggest checking the descriptions and pictures carefulliy when shopping on eBay though. Mine was a great buy, but I've heard some horror stories.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Dump the stuff sacks they suck after markets from REI are way better on patrols.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Steer well clear of Rothco.  Make sure you're buying the legit USGI MSS.  Deployed right, there is no weather that bag can't keep you warm in.  Love mine to death.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Uncle SAMs Retail Outlet is top notch.  Of course that deal at $69 is a bargain.  Is the MSS heavier than other options?  Yes.  Can you find a system that is so versatile, and work just about anywhere but maybe the Antarctic and such a great price?  No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top