Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 4:30:21 PM EDT
I have sawyer minis and life straws packed away but I want something for home.  I like the idea of the Sawyer .02 bucket kit for it's life span. But I want a system that will also filter out heavy metals, improve taste, and remove chlorine.  I've been thinking of a two bucket system like a Berkey DIY project with ceramic filters up top and the sawyer on the bottom.  Anyone have something similar?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not DIY....I just purchased a Berkey and was done with it...but I am thinking of building one now to have a spare.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Berkey light. Best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry no berkey here...

i run a katadyn ceradyn drip.

filters are good for 40k gallons. sub 300$ iirc.

ive had mine for 4 years i think...we use it everyday. i havent cleaned the elements yet in that time frame. it does 10 liters at a time. filters are ceramic ,,silver impregnated etc etc etc...think pocket filter but in drip form.

it takes three filters but i run two. no flow issues and it comes with a plug for the thrid hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top