Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 12:25:36 AM EDT
Where is a good place to pickup gas masks that aren't junk, they sell them all over from Sportmans guide to Amazon, but I have no idea where to even begin! Thanks for any help in advance!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Between my military and law enforcement career, I have worn gas masks more than I would have liked so I have a little experience in this area. Generally speaking, if you want a good gas mask, you are going to have to fork out at least $2-300. Keep in mind, this is a tool that could potentially save your life. I personally like MSA gas masks. They allow for a wider field of view. They are pretty expensive if bought new. However, ebay usually has them for next to nothing. The millennium model is my favorite. Hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Ebay. Most of the stuff on places like Sportsmansguide is junk. Often sold as a New/Unused mask...but they're 30 or 40 years old and would be all but useless.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The seals (small thin rubber flappers) often need to be replaced.  Filters are often those for 'training' or tear gas rather than the 'real ones'.  Proper fit and wearing is important.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top