Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2013 11:50:13 AM EDT
Did a bunch of googling for this but couldn't find a chart anywhere. How are the hip belts sized for these? I know Medium is the most common size -- what size waist is it designed to fit, versus the Large?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have waist larger than I believe 38" thats where there large waist belt comes into play. The medium was size to fit roughly (IRC) the 95% of Marine service men and women which tend have waist sizes below 38".
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear between 30 and 32 inch waisted pants depending on the brand and I have a medium pack belt. It works, but the padding wraps almost all the way around me, there isn't much room to go smaller if I needed to.

In summer clothes I probably should have a small sized belt for it, but I can make due just fine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I'm a fat kid (38/32 jeans), so I was considering ordering parts and assembling a pack with the large belt, versus buying a pre-assembled one with the medium belt. It turns out its cheaper to just buy the pre-assembled one, so I'll just switch the belt out if I need to when it comes in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC i got the large belt off ebay ( was a while ago though) for around 11 dollars. I kept the medium belt for the old ladies pack.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Pack came in today. Medium belt is fine for someone my size.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't mind getting a Large  ILBE belt in VG or better condition.  Anyone know of a vendor?

View Quote

Best bet is Ebay IMO. They're around 30-40 bucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top