Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 5:09:22 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience w/these?
http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-mx-mmp-72.html
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a pair (standard black, but same model) for the past few years. They have held up well to light use, but from what I read they tend to fall apart at the seams during hard use. I like mine though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a pair for a few years. All black and stand up well to shooting events and range trips. At this point only con is the rubber has peeled from the fingers which is no big deal
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
They are excellent for the money.  I have over 15 pair and use them for everything including work in which I dig in mud, climb thru attics/crawlspaces, do cable wire runs and splices so yeah they are good to go.  I use them for winter also, I did have one pair get me almost thru a deployment down range..
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I wear them for work and go through a couple pair a year. Depends on how often our drivers go of course.

Good gloves that don't break the bank. My only issue is some chemicals will bleed the dye out of them into
your skin but that'll happen with any glove of this type.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I ran a pair the entire time I was in Afghanistan.  Held up perfectly, no issues.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ran a pair the entire time I was in Afghanistan.  Held up perfectly, no issues.  
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG3512-1.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ljh824/CIMG1310-1.jpg

Fun times were'nt they??  Good pics
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've had a pair for a few years. All black and stand up well to shooting events and range trips. At this point only con is the rubber has peeled from the fingers which is no big deal

I had a pair that did the same thing. When the palms wore out, I found the "new" MPact had sewn in the cushions, rather than glued them. Also, looking at the variety of MPact gloves, it is as much a sub-brand as a particular product. So give them a look before buying blind.

That said, $15 on closeout at the link is pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Have a pair of heavy duty ones they sold years ago, has the leather palm stuff and some rubber knuckle guards on the outside, an older design looks kinda like moto cross gloves. Also a pair from blackhawk. I prefer the standard or original design, not quite as tough but they fit me better and are thin enough to still have a tactile feel of what im gripping. Got like 6 pairs of the originals, keep one in the glove box, tool box, shooting bag, work bench, one for yard work etc.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Mpact gloves are a re-branding of AXO motorcycle gear!

They used to have a small AXO tag at the wrist (they still may, I dunno)

Many motorcycle gloves are the same thing, and can be had a great deals NOW
because end-of-season closeouts are happening for 2013 apparal lines to come in...
(you want to look in the dirtbike and street/sportbike areas for "mesh" gloves)

Example:  At MotorcycleClosouts.com they have Shift brand gloves, closeout for $9.99

Also $9.99:

Great deal on good gloves, and cheap enough to keep a pair everywhere.  
(I've landed hands-first at 60mph on ashphalt with them on, they got shredded, but my hands didn't )

<edit>  But don't go there looking for the black gloves mentioned above
...I just bought all of them they had.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Oakley has some nices ones! If your military, police, fire or ems checkout usstandardissue.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top