Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2012 12:12:59 PM EDT
So my I have the type of job wear I can wear my 5.11 taclite pro pants everyday. With this, I wear my 5.11 speed 6 inch boots. However, last night the wife's and my schedules allowed me to take her out for dinner and such. It occurred to me that I spend so much time in my tacticool pants that I rarely wear anything else. I ended up wearing a nice  pair of jeans I found in the bottom of my drawer and my 5.11 boots. (I love them) I also realized how uncomfortable I was sitting there in jeans, not that I am opposed to them, but it had just been so long since I wore jeans last. My question is, what does everyone here wear when the tacticool pants would make you stick out like a sore thumb? ie in the middle of a nice restaurant. Sorry for the long winded explanation and I appreciate the suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeans
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you buy 5.11 or similar without the cargo pockets?

Then just iron/starch a crease into them  
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Carhartt
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Carhartt

+1.  I'm sure there are regional differences, but in Montana, dudes where Carhartt pants, Wranglers or Levis and (on a cool fall day like today) flannel shirts or hoodies.  You can go into the nicest restaurant in town dressed like this and get a damn good meal.  I don't own any 5.11 pants.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of my favorites

They're good for most everyday situations. Works great with t-shirt or a polo shirt or a button-down.

Spotter Pants

Raider Pants

Adventus Pant

Reston Pants
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it bad that I wear BDU type pants 99% of the time

Black, Green, Tan... I have lots.  Once in a while I wear some different types of operator style pants or jeans but BDUs work best for me...  I even pull them off as "business casual."
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I try to blend in wherever I go. Usually that means jeans or a work uniform. Sometimes it means something dressier. It's pretty easy to spot someone in tactical cargos or bdus when everyone else is wearing slacks and jackets. I try to stick with dress clothes that are still comfy to move around in and shoes that I can run in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it bad that I wear BDU type pants 99% of the time

Black, Green, Tan... I have lots.  Once in a while I wear some different types of operator style pants or jeans but BDUs work best for me...  I even pull them off as "business casual."

I have pulled off fire hose pants with a cotton shirt and tie and wingtips.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jeans

One would think this would be the obvious would'nt they?  I dont do tacticool I can look cool without the tactical  needs applications........thats what the aviators are for
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the same problem. I have yet to find a type of jeans that are comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeans, Mountain Khakis, North Face Khakis and occasionally leather ass-less chaps...
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this another "dress jeans" thread?

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you for the recommendations.

Quoted:
Some of my favorites

They're good for most everyday situations. Works great with t-shirt or a polo shirt or a button-down.

Spotter Pants

Raider Pants

Adventus Pant

Reston Pants

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Depending on where in CT you are this would work. Other places in the state you would certainly be the odd duck. I appreciate the advice

Quoted:
Quoted:
Carhartt

+1.  I'm sure there are regional differences, but in Montana, dudes where Carhartt pants, Wranglers or Levis and (on a cool fall day like today) flannel shirts or hoodies.  You can go into the nicest restaurant in town dressed like this and get a damn good meal.  I don't own any 5.11 pants.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't worn jeans in a decade.
I prefer TRU-Spec 24/7's. The coyote, khaki and brown can pass at a 'more than casual' event.
But I do love BDU's and ACU type pants. I love NYCO and work in it as much as possible
I'm not trying to be tacticool, I just am by nature
They fit the utilitarian well I think. I can't imagine having only four pockets..
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread is the ghey

And I need to consult with my priest for reading it

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a couple pairs of Eotac covert pants that I like. They aren't exactly dressy, but they'll pass for business casual very easily.  I know Eotac went under, but 5.11 and Woolrich both make something similar.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Carhartt

These work well in my area.  

5.11 pants are the class "D" uniforms for a multitude of agencies here.  I don't think most cops care if they are "made" in public wearing 5.11.  They are either on duty, on lunch or going to/from work and are carrying their duty weapon.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I wear Vertx pants every day for work (manufacturing - high impact job), weekend (general farming BS), and social (church or work related gatherings, although rare).  Around here they are just another pair of work cargos.  The other guys on the floor wear Carhartt cargo's or jeans so I look like them.  The Vertx press out nice and carry a lot of crap without blooming out like other cargos.  I don't carry a lot of magazines, guns, knives, etc, but I have a flashlight, leatherman, wallet, two cells, pen, marker, tape measure, radio, gloves, board knife, etc, on my belt or tucked in my pants during the day.  After 18 months in them every day, I have one pair that has a small hole where I was wearing the radio clip inside my waistband for  a while.  I don't fault the Vertx pants, it ate up my jeans and everyone else's carhartt's that have carried it that way.  There has been some fading as I wash them instead of dry clean.  I do keep one pair unused for work so that I do have something that is not grease stained to go out in.  I dry clean them if the occasion warrants.  Otherwise they get a standard wash and press.  So far I am more than pleased with them.  They will be on sale pretty regular for $45 if you keep your eyes peeled.  US Cav and LAPG are the two I see with the most frequent sales.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I try to blend in wherever I go. Usually that means jeans or a work uniform. Sometimes it means something dressier. It's pretty easy to spot someone in tactical cargos or bdus when everyone else is wearing slacks and jackets. I try to stick with dress clothes that are still comfy to move around in and shoes that I can run in.

Me too. I like to blend in with the natives.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I haven't worn jeans in a decade.
I prefer TRU-Spec 24/7's. The coyote, khaki and brown can pass at a 'more than casual' event.
But I do love BDU's and ACU type pants. I love NYCO and work in it as much as possible
I'm not trying to be tacticool, I just am by nature
They fit the utilitarian well I think. I can't imagine having only four pockets..

+1 on that, I hate having to put my wallet in my back pocket every time I wear jeans... I miss the cargo pockets whenever I don't have them!
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jeans, Mountain Khakis, North Face Khakis and occasionally leather ass-less chaps...[/quote]

Nice......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top