Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 3:07:21 PM EDT
A local company is closing it's doors due to a traumatic injury of the owner. They are liquidating their inventory at about a 65% savings. I have not tried any of their product so I can't vouch for the quality but they claim it's produced by the same vendor that Wise uses. Many products are the same some are different

I'm going to pick up a 30 day supply and check it out. They are web based and will ship. No tax on cash deals.

Visit http://www.preparethenshare.com/ for details.

As always YMMV

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A local company is closing it's doors due to a traumatic injury of the owner. They are liquidating their inventory at about a 65% savings. I have not tried any of their product so I can't vouch for the quality but they claim it's produced by the same vendor that Wise uses. Many products are the same some are different

I'm going to pick up a 30 day supply and check it out. They are web based and will ship. No tax on cash deals.

Visit http://www.preparethenshare.com/ for details.

As always YMMV

Damn....$199 for a 30 day supply?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree until I saw the 30 days for a family of 4-5.  However, its entrees only lunch and dinner.  How many calories/day?  I suspect that it would be a good supplement or part of an overall plan.  It likely lacks calories for a stand-alone kit.  

Costco is having an Auguson Farm 30 day pack, just over 2,000 cal/day for $139.  I picked one up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Agree until I saw the 30 days for a family of 4-5.  However, its entrees only lunch and dinner.  How many calories/day?  I suspect that it would be a good supplement or part of an overall plan.  It likely lacks calories for a stand-alone kit.  

Costco is having an Auguson Farm 30 day pack, just over 2,000 cal/day for $139.  I picked one up.

got a link to that?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:46:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

got a link to that?

I tried to find a link for Costco, but cannot.  Here is what it is for $139 at costco.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20532426?adid=22222222227014967638&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=14069093230&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

got a link to that?

I tried to find a link for Costco, but cannot.  Here is what it is for $139 at costco.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20532426?adid=22222222227014967638&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=14069093230&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

I bought a couple of those kits from samsclub a while back.
Pretty nice kit.

So nice, one of my friends decided to take one of mine.....

so, you got one in at the store and not online?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Difficult to compare apples to apples with what's listed on the website. Looks like the Auguson pack is 2000 a day for one person whereas the other is entree only is for 4-5 peeps a day with something like a total of 3000 cal/day depending on how you ration it. So logically it seems like a good price per cal/day. If you fly solo or just you and a spouse it should be ok. If you had to add shipping it might price it out of the deal catagory.

I will be curious to see how 212 advertized servings pans out. May be only a potential good deal. I'm still new at this so climbing the learning curve.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree until I saw the 30 days for a family of 4-5.  However, its entrées only lunch and dinner.  How many calories/day?  I suspect that it would be a good supplement or part of an overall plan.  It likely lacks calories for a stand-alone kit.  

Difficult to compare apples to apples with what's listed on the website. Looks like the Auguson pack is 2000 a day for one person whereas the other is entree only is for 4-5 peeps a day with something like a total of 3000 cal/day depending on how you ration it. So logically it seems like a good price per cal/day. If you fly solo or just you and a spouse it should be ok. If you had to add shipping it might price it out of the deal catagory.

I will be curious to see how 212 advertized servings pans out. May be only a potential good deal. I'm still new at this so climbing the learning curve.

You cannot really compare these two products. They are not apples to apples.
The OP's post is Freeze Dried entrées.
Add hot water and eat.
A serving is NOT a meal, an entree is not usually a meal, either.

The Augason Farms pack consists of cans of ingredients.
It contains a combination of Freeze Dried, Dehydrated and Cereals (cream of wheat)
It includes cans of fruits, vegetables, milk, etc.

You use these items to create your own meals which consist of various servings.
The include a recipe book to give you ideas.

Different concept than freeze dried entrées.

The Augason Farms pack fits the way we store food at our house.
We store ingredients and combine things to make the foods we like to eat.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

got a link to that?

I bought a couple of those kits from samsclub a while back.
Pretty nice kit.

So nice, one of my friends decided to take one of mine.....

so, you got one in at the store and not online?

Yes, got one at Costco for $139.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure why that surprises me, you are in Colorado,
Walmart and Costco seem to carry more of this kind of stuff in the stores out there.

Best I can do here is order from samsclub.com ($149.00)
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure why that surprises me, you are in Colorado,
Walmart and Costco seem to carry more of this kind of stuff in the stores out there.

Best I can do here is order from samsclub.com ($149.00)

I had to go to my local Costco and inquire. The only local Costco that carried it was in Denver. My rural walmart does not carry that kind of stuff.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top