Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2011 5:55:20 AM EDT
On the LC2 shoulder straps do they hook on the mag pouches or on to the belt in the front. Trying to settle an argument.

SinisterDouble68
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Mag pouches.  Better way though is to cut off the metal clips and use a loop of 550 cord.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I wanted to know, Thankyou very much.
And thanks for the tip.

SinisterDouble68
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You can do either way, but it's supposed to be on the pouches. A few wraps around the hook with electrical tape works too. The backstraps should be attached to the butt pack too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Any chance I could get a pic of the use of paracord you guys are talking about? Just got a mint woodland LBE with pouches from the Major next door and would like to get it set up right.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Any chance I could get a pic of the use of paracord you guys are talking about? Just got a mint woodland LBE with pouches from the Major next door and would like to get it set up right.

Personally I wouldn't bother switching the hooks for 550. On older sets the hooks may not close or stay closed, and it's annoying as hell when your gear comes unhooked, that's why I wrapped mine in electrical tape

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This was mine from back in the day.  

550 cord loops have been in place since 1984
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Cringes at the thought that I tossed my favorite H harness away when one of the aluminum front hooks lost it's spring tab.    Ok, I'm over it, it was 18 years ago.

Now I never though of paracording it.  

+1 the h harness carried so much better than the Y harness.  

Another thing I never really figured out was why the H harness had hooks and the canvass m14 pouches had their own straps.  All i can think of is they intended the H harness straps to hook to the belt, the pouches to the belt, and the pouch strap to the adjustment tab on the H harness.  

I got some odd pouches I've collected through the years

USGI - nylon 30 round M16 pouch, then some more with individual flaps inside for each magazine.  
USGI  nylon mag pouches for 20 M16 mags, I think it held 5 M16 20 rounds or more M1 carbine 15 round mags.  I have a cotton one similar to this.  

Most of my cotton stuff is straight up M14 pouches.

ETA-  When I was in i got in the habit of using telephone wire (commercial telephone single copper strand, not T1 wire) to wire my alice clips closed.  it was small and light and strong.  I first used it to wire the damn packstrap quick releases shut.  Nothing worse than having another 10 miles to go and you only have one F'ing working packstrap on your ruck.   My ruck quick release straps are still wired shut some 20 something years later.  

I despised the Alice clips if you were wearing LC2 gear and a pack.   You almost needed the flak jacket on to protect your back from gouges.  Malice clips or 550 cord would have been a lot cleaner.  They didn't have all those padded belt liners when I was in.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top