Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2011 2:13:36 PM EDT
Today i received my new custom knife from Mike Mann and his wife Debbie at Idaho Knife Works.  First off...they are two of the nicest individuals I've met over the phone and through email.  The knife is incredible. His craftsmanship is truly top-notch.  This particular model is called the Buck Skinner forged from 1080 high carbon steel and the handle material i selected is osage orange.  It has a yellow and brown shade that over time the natural oils from my hands will turn it more yellow and rust colored.  It sits so well in my hand as far as weight, size and balance go. I cant put it down!  I couldnt be happier and i cant wait to order another blade from Mr. Mann.

When i was researching custom knife makers to order what i was looking for i saw a few comments on-line that communication between Mike and Debbie was not that great or limited.  Well that was definitely NOT my experience!  They live in a pretty remote area where communication via cell and satellite can be iffy at best.  There were some issues with the shipping of my knife...NOT to the fault of Debbie who handles the business end (USPS decided to take almost 2 weeks to deliver a 3 day package!) and during that time i received several phone calls and over a dozen emails from Debbie checking in on my order.

So in my opinion if you are looking for a HIGH quality custom bushcraft knife you won't do any better then these folks.  If either Mike or Debbie from Idaho Knife Works happen to see this little review....thank you again!!

my picture taking skills dont do it justice but here are a couple....

here is their website if anyone wants to see some of his other work:

Idaho Knife Works

disclaimer:  i am in no way affiliated with or related to Idaho Knife Works...i'm merely a customer and after this purchase a customer for as long as Mr. Mann is in the business of making knives!
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice!

Link Posted: 7/26/2011 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear props given for an Idaho knife maker!!

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice knife. Good to see something practical on here occasionally.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a folder guy, but I have to say I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top