Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2011 1:38:40 PM EDT
I figure this is the best place to ask this question.  Where do you guys store your extra packs, BOBs, etc... when not in use?  I've got SEVERAL backpacks that are emply and a few that are semi loaded or completely loaded up and ready to go.   i can't decided what the best way/place is to store them.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep mine in this in my truck... with the immediate preps I can cook.hydrate for about 5-6 days.

I also built a rod rack and  have my fishing gear in there for... uh... impromptu bug out practice

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome, I was just about to make a thread identical to this one. I read about 10 pages into the survival part of the forum to make sure it hadn't been addressed already and theen saw you just made this one. I was just curious too about how people are storing their gear. Here is what i'm storing most of my supplies in:

Multiple Plano Sportsman's Box from Sportsman's Guide
Ammo Cans (Multiple Sizes)
Plastic Storage Bins from Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have alot of different BOB's. I have shelves in my laundry room (its all concrete and has steel doors on it) with BOB's, extra gearm extra ammo thats not in the safe. I try to keep it all seperated into sections that i would need to grab for different scenarios. I also have a 48 gallon rubbermaid industrial style box bolted down in each Suburban with all kinds of gear, ammo, food, and water in them.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have several packs. I hang them in the laundry room in the basement. I cover the pack with a clear garbage bag that reaches to the bottom
of the pack but doesn't close. Sorta like a dry cleaning wrapper for laundry. The bag protects the pack from dust and dirt yet the open end
allows air to circulate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]
closet in the man cave... I hang them from the clothes rack (my sleeping bag in it's non-compression bag hangs there too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:57:13 AM EDT
[#8]
floor in our prep room. some are packed others are just stacked on top of each other.  gotta cover those buckets of food somehow
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep most of my stuff in my "gear" closet all stacked up in rubermaid style totes that are labeled and stacked in order of priority.  Most of my food preps stay in the kitchen/pantry for rotation.  I don't have on particular BOB per say more like number of different bug out boxes  I do have a GHB with me every day though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:30:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I also use the totes. Tried hanging stuff initially on hangers (vests etc) kept breaking them. So moved to a giant tote.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Navy Special Warfare steel gear locker. One of my sister's ex boyfriends owned a .mil contractor who built them. Got it for dirt cheap from him. Holds my main rifle, my chest rig, and some other odd and ends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top