Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2011 5:02:25 AM EDT
http://www.outdoorsportsusa.com/item/526561__TGSCOM_SafetyProtection_TraumaKit.aspx?SR=1&APID=386&nn=3

Surplus Quick Clot Trauma Kit Package - $14.99 + $2.99 Shipping. When it comes to emergencies you can never be too prepared. This surplus Quick Clot trauma kit package could be a life saver in times where emergency medical help is not immediately available to assist. Great for the car, boat, home or hunting cabin, this trauma kit is a must have for everyone. Each Trauma Kit Package includes 1- 100 gram packet of Quick Clot coagulant, 2 Molle style pouches, 2 sterile compression bandages and 4 sterile conforming gauze bandages.
Specifications
Surplus Quick Clot Trauma Kit Package
Manufacturer Number: TraumaKit-1
Includes:
2- Black Molle Compatible Pouches (Pouch Size Will Accommodate 6 AR-15/M-16 30 Round Magazines)
2- Cinch Tight Sterile Compression Bandages
4- Sterile Conforming Gauze Bandages
1- 100 Grams (3.5 Ounces)Vacuum Sealed Quick Clot Vacuum Coagulant
Feature:
Quick Clot Acts As A Rapid Hemostat That Can Control Severe To Traumatic Bleeding Through The Use Of Granular Zeolite Technology
How Does Zeolite Stop Bleeding?
It is able to activate blood platelets and activated platelets aid in hemostasis because they form a plug.
It also works in conjunction with the body’s natural coagulation cascade, the negative surface potential of the zeolite activates a protein at the very beginning of the contact pathway – this protein activation promotes rapid clotting and strong clot formation.
Finally, zeolite is able to absorb water from the blood. As the zeolite absorbs the water from the blood, what is left is concentrated amounts of the cellular and large protein components of the blood, which further catalyzes clot formation.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have any experience with this company?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
bumpage for a good deal
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The quick-clot granule packages like that have been out of production for some time now.

Has anyone bought one? What was the expiration date on that?

The kit also appears to contain 2 Israeli Bandages which have expiration dates.  Given the low price of $15 for a packet of Quickclot and 2 izzy bandages, I would venture a guess that the items are "expired' and it's the old granule style of Quick Clot.  Expiration dates don't mean much when you are bleeding out of extra holes, but it's hard to charge full price for "Expired" items.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with this company?

TGScom aka “Top Glock”. Bought from them many times, no issues at all.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Be careful with the old style granulated clotting agents. If a granule gets into your eye, you gonna go blind. They can cause burns to the victim and extensive tissue damage, which is why you no longer see them mfgrd. I tossed all of mine and switched to the "combat gauze".
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Be careful with the old style granulated clotting agents. If a granule gets into your eye, you gonna go blind. They can cause burns to the victim and extensive tissue damage, which is why you no longer see them mfgrd. I tossed all of mine and switched to the "combat gauze".

wow, never heard about that. You learn something new every day. I have a couple packets of celox that i got from the cavalry arms drive a while back. I take it that this is the same stuff?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Just as an update for any interested, I ordered 4 of these and received them today.

Basically you get 2 kits for $15, but only (1) kit has the QC granule pack in it.

2 pouches, new. Molle compatible but the webbing isn't perfectly spaced, but not a huge issue.
2 Cinch Tight compression bandages, no expiration date to be found (These run $6-$8 online)
4 Kendall Kerlix Lite Conforming Gauze Bandages 3" x 4.1 yard, 2010 dates
1 QuikClot granules, early 2009 expiration dates, new, no wear on packages

I've been known to jump in to purchases that seem like a good deal. This one is so-so in my opinion. The 2 pouches,2 bandages and 4 gauze rolls aren't a bad value in themselves IMO. Don't let surplus let you think these have seen use. It's all brand new, clean as the day it was made. I would have no issue using the bandages and gauze due to condition, but the QC is questionable. If it was in a car kit or something,it would beat bleeding to death. Not going in my first line FAK stuff though.

In closing, the bargain would be in the rest of the kit more than the QC. Am I going to throw the QC in the trash? No. But, add some new QC sponges to this kit and you've still got a good value.

Also, yes the granules were discontinued due to eye exposure. Soldiers and first responders would tear the top of the bag off with their teeth, getting it in their eyes. What does that do? Clots the liquid in your eyes and fuses them shut, causing loss of eyesight in some cases.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top