Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:41:25 AM EDT
I was at Sams Club and they had one of these on the shelf but funds are a little tight for me to pop on a $150 purchase without researching it more but I am going to put this on my short list of prep-gear to add to survival gear!

Here is a link at Coleman's website:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000003609&categoryid=2010&brand=

Basically it is a propane burner, grill, griddle, and stock-Pot plus a case to hold and cary it all.  The box showed the components of the grill being washed in a dishwasher.

There are three reviews on the site and one points to an issue that the 5000 BTU is a little on the low side and takes a long time to boil water, fry bacon etc but all the reviews indicated it was handy and easy to clean.

I am curious to see what everybody else thinks about it as it seems like a good, compact and versitile emergency cooking system and add a 20-lb propane tank adapter and stash of small LP camping bottles and fuel isn't going to be an issue.

I do not see how much it weighs but the box it was in was not very large and I do not have any plans on bugging out on foot so it will easily fit in my BOV plans

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
walmart.com has it for $90 without the stock pot. the stock pot runs $49 from walmart.com so you can save $10 if you buy it all if you really need the stock pot. Dicks sporting goods has what looks like the whole kit for $100. i have no experience with this one but i can tell you my 10KBTU grill takes a lot longer to cook burgers and stakes than my big grill. so that is something to consider.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.  To bad isn't a mutifuel instead of just propane.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
walmart.com has it for $90 without the stock pot. the stock pot runs $49 from walmart.com so you can save $10 if you buy it all if you really need the stock pot. Dicks sporting goods has what looks like the whole kit for $100. i have no experience with this one but i can tell you my 10KBTU grill takes a lot longer to cook burgers and stakes than my big grill. so that is something to consider.

Is the carrying case included in the Dick's kit?  That may be the reason for the lower price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the carrying case included in the Dick's kit?  That may be the reason for the lower price.

there website doesnt say. its not pictured but that doesnt really mean anything. it doesnt need the bag thought, it all locks together. REI has it with bag and without pot for $99. several of the "descriptions" made it sound like the bag is standard with all of them though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking a propane burner, frying pan and pot can pretty much do the same thing for a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top