Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2010 10:13:47 PM EDT
I am no expert at doing reviews, and this is really my first so please bear with me.
I wanted to share this with the rest of you. I purchased the Bogota Entry Tool (Stainless version) from ITS tactical. The Titanium was sold out at the time.
http://www.itstactical.com/2010/05/20/bogota-entry-toolsets-now-available/

Here is a pic of my set:

While I was excited to try it and have never actually picked a lock before, I decided to keep my expectations pretty low. So far I have been impressed with them. I have been trying a few locks I found around the house and some gun locks. I tend to use a gentle raking motion and that has seemed to work best for me.
A friend of mine saw it and wanted to know if I could make it through his front door with it and we decided to take video of the results. Keep in mind that this was my first try. We decided to leave the recording running no matter if I ran into difficulty (which I did with the top lock.

)

Needless to say, my friend and I were both a little shocked.

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wanted to let you know that those can be considered bugarly tools in some areas so watch it.
Good for first attempt.

I've been plotting on a pick gun for some time now, hasnt happened yet.

BTW thats a good size vein on the top of your hand
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I tried 2 times before and got the same thing. I was finally lucky one day when they posted some just as I checked the website. I keep watching the site because I want to get a second pair, the titanium one.

Quoted:

Out of stock.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So these are basically a really expensive twisted and bent rake and pick.  WOW!  
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
You should see me open a door like that with the CountryComm EOD bar. At work we have a door that sticks all the time so we have to make entry on another one. Basically walk up and use bar, walk in almost faster than using the actual key.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
looks good, very expensive tools though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
There is info out there on how to make your own of the same picks from the creator. I will say though that I want a set for my picks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The Bogota Tool Set are great little tools. I know a Federal Agency which issues them as a part of several different E&E kits.  The teeth in the picks are just a tiny bit too far apart for some, not all, of the locks I have been trying.  They'll work on most cuffs too, but so will a Bobby Pin or a thin shim for non-double locked cuffs.  
Highly recommend the Titanium version  - much more stout.
Don't know why some people think they are expensive - I buy them for approx $32. I have a set in my BOB in case I have to enter a building, after a collapse and only in exigent circumstances - no criminal intent here.

Anyway, good video DonnieBrasco.  

UrbanMan
http://www.urbansurvivalskills.com

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Bogota Tool Set are great little tools. I know a Federal Agency which issues them as a part of several different E&E kits.  The teeth in the picks are just a tiny bit too far apart for some, not all, of the locks I have been trying.  They'll work on most cuffs too, but so will a Bobby Pin or a thin shim for non-double locked cuffs.  

Highly recommend the Titanium version  - much more stout.

Don't know why some people think they are expensive - I buy them for approx $32. I have a set in my BOB in case I have to enter a building, after a collapse and only in exigent circumstances - no criminal intent here.

Anyway, good video DonnieBrasco.  

UrbanMan

http://www.urbansurvivalskills.com

I bookmarked your website

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow!

Never having picked a lock, I'm pretty impressed at how easy that looked.  How long had you practiced before taking that video?  

Will it work on car doors as well (wife has a bad habit of locking hers in the truck, which doesn't have a keypad like her car).

K
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like a pretty nice set.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow!

Never having picked a lock, I'm pretty impressed at how easy that looked.  How long had you practiced before taking that video?  

Will it work on car doors as well (wife has a bad habit of locking hers in the truck, which doesn't have a keypad like her car).

K

Thanks. I practiced for about 10 minutes total on other locks. This was my first try at those particular 2 locks in the video.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that it would probably not work on car doors.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow!

K

Thanks. I practiced for about 10 minutes total on other locks. This was my first try at those particular 2 locks in the video.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that it would probably not work on car doors.

I'm at work, so I don't have my saved site list, but about 5 minutes on youtube and you'll find out everything you wanted to know about lockpicking, automotive and otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag for home
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top