Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2009 7:50:00 PM EDT
Hard to price shop on the net for Honda generators.  Honda forbids their dealers from posting prices on the net.

I know someone here has found the best price source.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine on EBay for just over $800. a year and a half ago. Arrived new in box. I am not an avid eBay supporter, but after looking around here it was the best deal. My parents got theirs after seeing mine, bought it at a farm and home on senior citizens discount day, they got 10% off 999.99. Which offset the sales tax. ...I bought my Stihl MS290 the same way, but  I waited for the special sale day when everyone gets 10% off. Wait, watch, be patient and pounce when you see the deal you want...
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Wise Sales used to have good prices on them.  I'm not sure what their current price is though.

http://www.wisesales.com/EU2000.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wise Sales used to have good prices on them.  I'm not sure what their current price is though.

I think this is going to be the correct answer.I bought an EU3000is from them delivered to my door for about $400 less than list a couple of years ago.

Link Posted: 10/10/2009 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The local northern tool has a higher price than wise plus you get to pay sales tax on it.

Last time I looked around wise was close if not the best price and others had ok dealings with wise, run a search to learn about their packaging cost or whatever it is.  I would be mad about that if I had not read about it.

I did not buy anything at that time, I was just looking around to figure out what an older 1k watt honda without the inverter was worth.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone posted a link about week ago were I was quoted $899 shipped from NJ to PA.

I don't have the link on hand thou wise was about $50-60 more.

Locally I can get a brand-new Yamaha  EF2400IS generator - $950 Link
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought from wisesales this past summer.  Paid around $880, don't remember exactly but it was under $900.  Best price I found.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife got the local Honda Power Store to match Wise Sales. Give that a try.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My wife got the local Honda Power Store to match Wise Sales. Give that a try.

but then you pay sales tax; wise offers free shipping.

Link Posted: 10/20/2009 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#10]
How quit are these things really?

I seen a commercial for Honda generators last weekend during the OSU game.

I know the reliability is going to be there and so is the warranty seeing it's from Honda. My wife said Aldi has a generator for around $200. I know it's not a Honda but that's like an $800 difference. One of the Honda selling points is being super quit. I want to know how load it really is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody know the max surge on an eu2000i? I'm wanting run to primarily run some low wattage things like lights, laptop, ect.. but my primary need is that it be able to run my furnace. I have a gas furnace that's 6.8 amps at 120v, so unless i'm misunderstanding, the 2000i should provide more than enough power to run it. What I don't know, is the startup wattage. I read somewhere that a furnace blower would be about 3 times the running wattage, which would put me at about 2400 watts to start. Does the 2000i offer any sort of surge capability, or am I limited to the 2000 watts normal capacity? I'm really new to the generator thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one that I use at the race track.It is excellent.It is very quiet and mine was 875.00.I don't know if they still have the special going on,but golden gate trailer in concord nc had them.They have a website.It would not be loud enough at a campsite to bother you.It's very fuel effecient,but when I push it to it's limits it does use a good bit more fuel.The run times are fairly accurate.It starts the first or second pull every time,unless you do something stupid.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Bought mine out of a pawn shop in about 80% condition (scratches on plastic and decals missing) for $400. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Wise sales.  There price is better than Northerntool on sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top