Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 10:21:30 PM EDT

I bought a set of these new in the pack at a garage sale for $2. What I thought a steal.

These will potentially be going in my camping pack and or GHB.

I was wondering what you would put in them? So far the red lid has alcohol (not the good kind either), green has 2 in 1 soap/ shampoo, the odd shaped one has some cooking oil, and one of the short and fat ones housing 8 tightly stuffed petroleum soaked cotton balls.

What would you put in the tiny blue container and the other fat one? Or any of them for that matter...

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like these little containers.

I initially bought them for allergy pills, aspirin, and vitamins.  With the short, fat one, I filled it with Vick's VapoRub.  I thought it would be perfect for any cream-based medication.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I use them for backpacking. I put cooking oil and seasonings in them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hot sauce in the blue-capped bottle.  Label it "Mouthwash."
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You got a great deal on them.  That set retails for $8-10.

I've used my set, plus a number of additional, similar Nalgene bottles for:

shampoo
conditioner
facial cleanser (OK, these 1st 3 are in the travel kit shared with my wife)
The Blue top (1/2 ounce, I think) makes an excellent pill bottle.   I have several of that size.  
Some hold a number of the same type pill; others (in various kits), hold a day's supply of my prescription meds.
It's good, too, for a single dose of a liquid med, if you have kids & need to carry liquid children's Tylenol or Motrin for them.

The clear one is in my EDC lumbar bag, containing a single dose (ready to go, NOW!) of liquid Benadryl, along
with an EpiPen Jr for my daughter who has a nut allergy.  (It makes a good ink bottle, too, if you use a liquid ink
fountain pen––that's what the shape reminds me of.)

As someone else noted, the larger, jar-shaped ones are great for creams & ointments.  I decant a prescription 2% hydrocortizone cream into
one for hiking & EDC use.

We've also used them as coin containers when sending lunch money to school wtih the kids.

The uses are limited only by your imagination, & the capacity of the bottle!

ETA:  By the way, if that was the original packaging, it's a fairly heavy-duty zip-lock bag, designed to be reused, as well.

David
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hot sauce in the blue-capped bottle.  Label it "Mouthwash."

The girlfriend might not be to happy if she tries to "freshen up"

I put some nutralite multivitamins in the other fat one, I'll be on the search for something to put in the blue one.

It did come in the original packaging as well. It was thrown in my plethora of zip locks I get from mostly AR parts and such. My girlfriend hates that I'm a packrat of sorts, but doesn't complain when I have something she needs
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, I'd put weed in the short fat one, maybe u can fit q-tips in the longer blue one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Honestly, I'd put weed in the short fat one, maybe u can fit q-tips in the longer blue one.

...?!?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Goto countrycomm.com and look for the tubevault. I saw it on the tactical forum and it looked so cool I ordered 6, plus some other stuff i really needed , just to play with. I figure that I probably find even more uses for them than I planed and need more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top