Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 9:22:00 PM EDT
Saw the quickie review of this in the October issue of Popular Mechanics.  Anyone try one, or it's predecessor, the 88?  Useful for a "go kit"?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting.
$55.28 direct from Channellock

http://www.therescuetool.com/

Waiting to see if anyone has any experience with this item.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered one.  Thanks for the tip.  Also, already have the fence tool.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Looks interesting.

$55.28 direct from Channellock

http://www.therescuetool.com/

Waiting to see if anyone has any experience with this item.

I guess there were complaints about the 88, which is the same except with pliers instead of shears.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
We have a couple of the 88's. they stay on the truck. Dont see us ordering any of the new ones.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for a general review...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry the 88 every day on duty, in my bunkerpants pocket. Great tool, and it get a lot of real world fire rescue use. I don't see myself buying another tool to carry, anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

We have a couple of the 88's. they stay on the truck. Dont see us ordering any of the new ones.

Quoted:

I carry the 88 every day on duty, in my bunkerpants pocket. Great tool, and it get a lot of real world fire rescue use. I don't see myself buying another tool to carry, anytime soon.

I guess some were complaining that the pliers' jaws were too wide for some cutting purposes.  I guess I could see getting both (this is arfcom, after all) but I can also see sticking with what you've got.

I guess for those of us who are looking to add one to our SHTF kits, we just have to figure out which jaw-type would serve us best. (ASS-YOU-ME'ing that we cannot afford to GET BOTH, at the same time.)  

So, which Stanbley Fubar, and which Channellock Rescue Tool..?  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I want a few Paratech hand tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top