Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:43:36 AM EDT
Hydration Pack

Are these up to par with the camelbacks? For $40 I would think they would be decent and hold up to use.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
ITs hard to say. Coleman is so hit or miss right now. The stove and lanterns they have down. Compression sacks are a no go. Bags are good for family tent camping. Ect. Interusting to see how these hold up. What is the warranty on the bladder? The newer camelbaks I have purchased said lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Im sure the pack its self is fine.  They bladder is probably sub par. If you are a serious camper I would stay away from colmen. While they dont make crappy stuff they dont make great stuff either(execpt for maybe the stoves/lanterns).  If you are looking for car camping once in awhile stuff, they will be fine. For a little extra though better stuff is out there. camelbaks bladders are 2nd to none.  I bought a new pack at REI and Im going to put a camelbak military bladder in it. BTW I think the best of their bladders is the .mil line. I have a military spec H.A.W.G. that I got for cheap of ebay and have beat the the crap out of it and have nothing to show for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Coleman similar to this, prolly few years old.. I used it for 2 years hiking. works great. then I thought I'd upgrade to a Camelbak,,, I like the way the coleman rode on my back better, it was more comfortable. I use the coleman alot more then the camelbak.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Camleback 3 Liter Unbottle for 40 dollars and slid it into a surplus German Ranger mountain rucksack. I haven't been able to go hiking with it yet but ist should do ok.

For the price of the coleman I would just get a Camelback. I think the 2l version was 30 dollars
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a little testing last night,, while I like the way the coleman rides, the camelbak is easyer to suck water threw...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top