Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 3:34:29 PM EDT
Well, it was a nice day in Upstate NY, the sun out. The Robbins defrosting.
So I said to myself, Adirondack, you really don't like that FUDD camo you R25 came in, why don't you do something about it!

So I broke out the airbrush, and the masking tape. And this is the end product except for the burnt umber, and light sand that I'll have to cut out of stencils tomorrow....I had enough paint to do both the R25 and the M40!
R25 goodness...
M40 goodness...

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can usually get 2 guns aout of each color, except when I paint a 50 BMG rifle.

My AR Carbine

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
i likey, likey very much infact... K.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i likey, likey very much infact... K.

TYVM
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally I think it would look better with a little bit more green. Nice job though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
^^^^^
i was kinda thinking the same thing, well i don't know that more green would be the way i'd descride it. but instead a darker shade more like O.D. then the foliage(that i'd call that shade) if you weren;t going for a M.C. look. may help distunguish the two colors and break up the silohette more, then the motled blob that the rifles will seem at any other than very close distance. still a great job and i do like very much. thinking about doing something quite similar. well kinda, more like a vertically oriented tiger stripe(heavy on tan, lighter on the F.D.E. with much thinner and more sparce stripes of O.D. blended / faded / misted in). just my $.02. great job adirondack. i know you were going for the mulitcam look with the addition of the other colors you mentioned i think you fedinatelly have hit the nail on the head. you should probably also post this in the rifle refinishing section under the armory forum. K.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
nice Job!  I usually use spray paint and some steciles.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Once I stencil in the burnt umber and light sand it will look a bit different. I also will put a clear matte acrylic over it all to protect it.

The AR had a basecoat on it of tan for about 2 years just to see how it would hold up.

The boltgun had a woodland scheme to it for over 13 years and held up well!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top