Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2009 7:59:22 AM EDT
LAPolice Gear has a 50% off sale on the Maxpedition Merlin Backpack.....now...$39.95.   Maxpedition is real quality gear for those that don't know.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/mamefobakhcl.html    

(If I knew how to make that hot I would have)

Happy Trails!

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for that link!

While I didn't buy the backpack, I found a small "Tactical Bailout Bag" for $19.99 LINK

"Gen 5" Improvements:

-Polyester lining to protect your delicate items from scratching
-Plasiticoat treated YKK Metal Zipper Bat Handles to reduce Possibility of corrosion caused by your working environment.
-Now by popular demand, they are available in OLIVE DRAB, BLACK, or Desert Tan
-Wider, more comfortable removable shoulder strap
-Old 5 Cell, flashlight pocket has been replaced with a tubular pocket to hold irregular items even your emergency shaving kit and toothbrush.
-NEW LOWER PRICE!!
The "Gen 5" Still Has These Important Features:

-Only YKK brand zippers and real Velcro used throughout
-Hidden full size gun pocket.
-Two adjustable side pockets for radios.
-Large main pocket has a removable stiffener/divider system to organize gear.
-"Stinger/Surefire"(tm) pocket.
-Two pen pockets.
-Tactical illuminator pocket.
-Four accessory pockets for gun magazines, etc with Velcro closures.
-Large side zippered pocket for wallet, passport, keys and other valuables.
-The bag measures approximately 14" x 10" x 6"
-Padded Removable Shoulder Strap INCLUDED.
-Carry Handles Of Heavy Nylon Webbing, Running The Entire length and across the bottom for extra secure support.
-Large YKK Zippers With Para cord Pulls (for when your fine motor skills are shutting down or when it's just plain cold).
-Velcro Patch on side pocket to attach name tape, flight suit tag or unit patch.

This is by far the most popular smaller sized gear bag we have ever sold!

Not too shabby for $20
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thank you for that link!

While I didn't buy the backpack, I found a small "Tactical Bailout Bag" for $19.99 LINK

"Gen 5" Improvements:

-Plasiticoat treated YKK Metal Zipper Bat Handles to reduce Possibility of corrosion caused by your working environment.
-Old 5 Cell, flashlight pocket has been replaced with a tubular pocket to hold irregular items even your emergency shaving kit and toothbrush.
-NEW LOWER PRICE!!

-Two pen pockets.
-Carry Handles Of Heavy Nylon Webbing, Running The Entire length and across the bottom for extra secure support.
-Large YKK Zippers With Para cord Pulls (for when your fine motor skills are shutting down or when it's just plain cold).
-Velcro Patch on side pocket to attach name tape, flight suit tag or unit patch.

Not too shabby for $20

I was looking at the pics. Does it have a shoulder strap?

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes it does. I have one that I use as my bail out bag for work. They are excellent bags. I get shit all the time for having my tactical purse.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does. I have one that I use as my bail out bag for work. They are excellent bags. I get shit all the time for having my tactical purse.

That's funny I get tons of shit too for carrying a man-purse (murse?)

My present "man-purse":

If they're going to give you (us) shit anyway, at least this new bag is a tacticool looking murse...

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you for that link!

"Gen 5" Improvements:

-NEW LOWER PRICE!!

-Two pen pockets.

Not too shabby for $20

I actually have three of these bags and they rival bags three times this price.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree the TBB is very nice.  I'll post some pics of it and what I carry inside.  I get alot of shit about the man purse too!

At 20 bucks it really is a bargain.  On a different note I bought some 5.11 tactical pants from LAPG and didn't notice the "run true to size" disclaimer.  Had to send the pants back as they were too small for my getting larger every day waist.  I'll be buying a couple more bags from them and some more Tac-lite pro pants (very nice and stain resistant).

I'll give the Merlin pack a try too...

9mm
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#8]
[[/quote]

I get tons of shit too for carrying a man-purse (murse?)

My present "man-purse":
http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Pack2.JPG

[/quote]

They obviously have not looked inside of your man purse or I bet the kidding would stop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thank you for that link!

"Gen 5" Improvements:

-NEW LOWER PRICE!!

-Two pen pockets.

Not too shabby for $20

I have two of these, one is my go everywhere bag and the other has turned into a range bag. I also just ordered the new X-Large bag from CountyComm.

CountyComm BOB

This site has too many trinkets to tempt one. I have added a spool of Kevlar thread to each of my BOB's. Never know when you may need to fish, make a snare, or stitch up a wound.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Bro, scored some pants.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny I get tons of shit too for carrying a man-purse (murse?)

My present "man-purse":
http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Pack2.JPG

If they're going to give you (us) shit anyway, at least this new bag is a tacticool looking murse...

Damn dude, what's with all the lights and AA batteries?
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 of the Bail-Out Bags.

One I just use for carrying extra stuff to matches or training, Things like extra gloves, parts for AR's and Glocks, batteries, extra flashlight, etc.

The other two are in my truck and my car and each of them contain the contents of a Cav Arms Multi-Trauma Kit.

Storing it in a Bail-out bag helps keep the cost down since a big part of the cost of the MTK is the Pelican Case with all the inserts and dividers. I think the case alone costs around $250.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#13]
They have a near exact clone of the SPEC OPS Rat Pack for 10 bucks!  Not sure of the quality, but it looks exactly the same:
SPEC OPS RAT PACK CLONE Linkification

Link Posted: 3/10/2009 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone bought/used the Merlin?  How do you like it?  I got the email from LAPG about the closeout and really liked it, but haven't ordered one yet.  I have a couple of the normal Rollypolys and really like them, so I might get one soon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for that link!

"Gen 5" Improvements:

-NEW LOWER PRICE!!

-Two pen pockets.

Not too shabby for $20

I have two of these, one is my go everywhere bag and the other has turned into a range bag. I also just ordered the new X-Large bag from CountyComm.

CountyComm BOB

This site has too many trinkets to tempt one. I have added a spool of Kevlar thread to each of my BOB's. Never know when you may need to fish, make a snare, or stitch up a wound.

Just ordered an XL bug out bag fron county bob. What's really nice is the fact that you can Break your SBR down and stowe it right in the bag....Almost a Rifle case if you will.
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the CountyComm XL BOB for work and love it! I am looking at the smaller version one that was posted for BOB in the car(s).

edit: Just ordered the small bob from LAPG. The discount ends tonight.
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I went to order the Merlin a couple days ago but emailed about the availability of it and the other items I was ordering.  Guess what?  They didn't have them.  They do have the new ones, but they're $74.69  I decided I'd wait until they come down in price or I hit the jackpot, whichever comes first...
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well, I went to order the Merlin a couple days ago but emailed about the availability of it and the other items I was ordering.  Guess what?  They didn't have them.  They do have the new ones, but they're $74.69
 I decided I'd wait until they come down in price or I hit the jackpot, whichever comes first...

I ordered the Merlin on the 17th and it is on the way here, should be here on monday...

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, I went to order the Merlin a couple days ago but emailed about the availability of it and the other items I was ordering.  Guess what?  They didn't have them.  They do have the new ones, but they're $74.69  I decided I'd wait until they come down in price or I hit the jackpot, whichever comes first...

I ordered the Merlin on the 17th and it is on the way here, should be here on monday...

That sucks...  Well, it's good for you but sucks for me  I might wait until they offer free shipping for something and order one...  Let me know how you like it when you get it
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I went to order the Merlin a couple days ago but emailed about the availability of it and the other items I was ordering.  Guess what?  They didn't have them.  They do have the new ones, but they're $74.69
 I decided I'd wait until they come down in price or I hit the jackpot, whichever comes first...

That sucks...  Well, it's good for you but sucks for me
 I might wait until they offer free shipping for something and order one...  Let me know how you like it when you get it

Its certainly smaller than I expected..folded up, it is about half the size of my Lowepro camera bag...opened up, its got decent volume, though the 2 external pockets are more or less useless, IMO...big enough to fit a notepad, compass and maybe a map....it has a water bladder pocket on the back, inside the shoulder straps. Will be nice when my Camelbak comes in...its a bit larger than my school backpack, but again, the outer pockets are quite a bit smaller and far more usless than the pockets on my standard pack.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Its certainly smaller than I expected..folded up, it is about half the size of my Lowepro camera bag...opened up, its got decent volume, though the 2 external pockets are more or less useless, IMO...big enough to fit a notepad, compass and maybe a map....it has a water bladder pocket on the back, inside the shoulder straps. Will be nice when my Camelbak comes in...its a bit larger than my school backpack, but again, the outer pockets are quite a bit smaller and far more usless than the pockets on my standard pack.

I'm glad you like it - now I'm going to have to order one  Sounds like a good little backpack, easily stowable just about anywhere.  At 5" x 7", maybe you can fit a bunch of pictures in the outside pockets haha.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad you like it - now I'm going to have to order one

Sounds like a good little backpack, easily stowable just about anywhere.  At 5" x 7", maybe you can fit a bunch of pictures in the outside pockets haha.

Pretty much...One pocket, I stuck a notepad, pen, my compass and a flashlight in it...the other one, I dont know...its set up all sorts of weird...

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad you like it - now I'm going to have to order one

Sounds like a good little backpack, easily stowable just about anywhere.  At 5" x 7", maybe you can fit a bunch of pictures in the outside pockets haha.

Pretty much...One pocket, I stuck a notepad, pen, my compass and a flashlight in it...the other one, I dont know...its set up all sorts of weird...

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2428/bobqaf.jpg

So I determined that the snap on that pocket is like a divider...keep one zipper above, one zipper below, and you have two pockets in the same spot...the top has some 550 cord, water purifier tablets and a flint, the bottom I managed to stuff my underarmor ski mask in when I took the bag to work during the snow on Thu...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top