Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 12:24:38 PM EDT
Anyone use one of these?

and know where to get one cheaper than $99.95?
Leahmans
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Here a place that seems to make them in Great Britain.

Kelly Kettle - Order
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought one at Lehmans a few months ago, boils water in about 3min....nothing more than two handfuls of bark and a few twigs for fuel...

I love ours

Rikki
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Before you buy a Kelly Kettle, take a look at the Thermette. You can use it with one hand, it's made of copper instead of aluminum, and it comes with a ring so that you can cook on top of it while it's boiling your water. Note that you have to use two hands to properly handle that Kelly Kettle...

Also, Thermette also makes the MAGNUM, for more volume. ;)
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Hummm copper, might make a good still From what I have read the original ones were made of copper and are still in service, might be the best material for such a stove. Thanks.

This looks to be a must have if you are eating freeze dried on the go.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a copper Thermete and have used it a few times.  You just have to use small thin dry tinder that will burn fast.  It is a good boiler and the ring works well as a cooking base, for larger cookware.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This looks to be a must have if you are eating freeze dried on the go.

Nah, I think that something like a JetBoil actually makes much more sense for hikers... I got the Thermette for car camping and emergency use (hurricanes and what not down here). Just me and the wife, so I got the small one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking bob without having to carry fuel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was thinking bob without having to carry fuel.

How far are you planning to bug out? A JB, a couple mugs, and a canister or two will weigh less then a Kelly Kettle or a Thermette...
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
you guys have some neat toys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top