Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2008 7:41:37 PM EDT
I went through my winter vehicle kit this weekend and the moths had eaten into my wool blankets.  I had cedar shavings folded in among the blankets, but it didn’t seem to help. Looks like I will be placing plenty of mothballs in among the replacements and then vacuum sealing them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I treat mine with permanone, the same as I treat my hunting clothes. Never had a problem one with moths. Added bonus if you use them for camping or sleeping outside the permanone repels ticks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
speaking of wool blankets, what is a GOOD source to purchase
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cabelas has US-made Woolrich blankets for $20 in their Bargain Cave.  Emergency Essentials has some wool blend blankets for $13.95, but I haven't heard from anyone who's bought one.  Sportsmans Guide has 12 for $60, but again, I can't speak for the quality of 'em.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can't tell ya. Mine were issued.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]
thrift stores
ive got least 10 now from fancy woolrich ones, to custom made canadian ones that run 100+$, to issue ones, to foriegn issue ones. non cost me over 5$
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 from Emergency Essentials.  They aren't bad.
One is packed inside a Space-Bag and hopefully in my girlfriends car as part of her emergency kit.
The other two are spread across my bed out here to keep me warm as I sleep the desert days away...  I am naturally a very cold sleeper and they are doing an alright job..

When I get home, I might have to order some of the Woolrich ones for comparison.

-David
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
does anyone have a link to the Woolrich ones or any other for that matter?

9's
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
does anyone have a link to the Woolrich ones or any other for that matter?

9's

Cabela's –– Woolrich® Army Blanket

Emergency Essentials –– Wool Blend Blanket
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Italian Surplus for $20. 100% Wool. Lots of dealers have them online. 84x63 inches I think.

My favorite are the green German blankets that are 85% wool and are a HUGE 84x84. I have like 10 of them. The have "property of german army" in German written on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top