Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 7:25:35 PM EDT
No way this thing is actually .02 (two hundredths) of a micron... right?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not a typo. It filters viruses out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
and it will filter 1 Million gal of water.

Thats over 27 gal a day for 100 years

all for 175.00

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what the weight of it is haven't found that yet.

WARNING: DO NOT FREEZE
Freezing may harm the Filter in a manner such that the damage cannot be seen.  If you suspect that the unit has been   frozen, replace it. FREEZE DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!

Really limits my favorite time of yr for campin etc......... But i still might put one on the boat in the summer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one of the model 135 versions which is the same filter without the gravity flow bags but haven't tried it yet. It is not very heavy. The technology is hollow core fiber. The same filter element sed in kidney dialysis machines. Although it states it filters out viruses, it also does not filter out chemicals like many of the modern hand pump ceramic and carbon filters do. It also does not remove bad taste ( which is less of an issue if the filter is used as a survival device versus a general use camp/hike filter) . Since the hollow core fibers are somewhat fragile, if it is dropped or if it is exposed to freezing temps with water in the fibers, the expanding water/ice will cause the fibers to burst. It is the same technology that the MSR Hyperflow is using. It is too new for me to trust it yet for a primary camping filter. There are a few questions that will have to be answered by field use. How fast will it clog? Do you need to add a pre filter? It seems like it has good potential. We'll see in the next year after it gets some real world reviews.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking an activated carbon filter inline right before one of the Sawyer filters...  Easy enough to make yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top