Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2008 7:21:02 PM EDT
I came across this while looking for in-line water cisterns.

If you plan to bug in, this may be a nice alternative for bumping your fresh water supply.

Anyone have or use one of these?

Link to WaterBOB product

The ad is a little goofy as in overdone marketing.........
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Have some, and used one this winter, during a week+ long power out. Works well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty cool, think i'll order one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The only downfall is when your done you cut it open to drain it and have to throw it away...
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
was a bunchof reviews here done by memebers last year.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
For folks with a well:

First : If I have no power, my water pump will not work so what is the use?

Second: If my water pump is operational via electricity, solar, or backup generator what is the use?

Third: I am not going to have it already filled 'just in case' so what is the use?

For those with city water and the lines break or become contaminated...you are too late

Waste of money! I will stick with my barrels and always have water on hand. Same goes with my water catchment system for my garden. Worst case scenario, I can filter the lake water for drinking and use straight for the garden.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The only downfall is when your done you cut it open to drain it and have to throw it away...

There was some reviews by a SF member that drained, dried, and reused the container with no ill effects.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For folks with a well:

Second: If my water pump is operational via electricity, solar, or backup generator what is the use?

Third: I am not going to have it already filled 'just in case' so what is the use?

For those with city water and the lines break or become contaminated...you are too late

Waste of money! I will stick with my barrels and always have water on hand. Same goes with my water catchment system for my garden. Worst case scenario, I can filter the lake water for drinking and use straight for the garden.

For those with well or city water who don't have the room to store barrels and have a Hurricane heading there way it can be very useful.
Anyone living in an apartment/condo with limited storage space would be happy to have these only taking up a little shelf space.
One of these and a purifier can help a lot if you know a storm is coming and power/city water may go out.
Don't you think some of the wells down in NO may have been contaminated by all the flooding,run off and sewage?
Barrels are great but so is a backup plan to your backup plan
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For folks with a well:

For those with well or city water who don't have the room to store barrels and have a Hurricane heading there way it can be very useful.
Anyone living in an apartment/condo with limited storage space would be happy to have these only taking up a little shelf space.
One of these and a purifier can help a lot if you know a storm is coming and power/city water may go out.
Don't you think some of the wells down in NO may have been contaminated by all the flooding,run off and sewage?
Barrels are great but so is a backup plan to your backup plan

If you know a storm is coming sure. Unfortunately, the bathtub is the safest place in most apartments and even homes so why give that up?

I lived in a second floor apartment after my divorce. There was a 55 gallon water drum in the storage closet. There is room in an apartment.

Sure, this can be debated forever; however, it just isn't practical as a primary means since there are too many what ifs.

Not home to fill it up in time...screwed
Tornado suddenly hits...screwed
No place to hide from Tornado since tub is filled with bladder...screwed
Completely flooded like New Orleans;Underwater...screwed

It is like having a CCW and not carrying.

Therefore, if it fits your needs and floats your boat...go for it. I would use it as a last resort or as a compliment to another system. The purifier is a big plus.

edit:
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Therefore, if it fits your needs and floats your boat...go for it. I would use it as a last resort or as a compliment to another system.

Or you can just shit on ideas and gear because they don't meet your particular needs.

I live in hurricane country and have time to fill the tub. Tornados are unlikely to be a concern. Therefore, the WaterBOB makes sense. Cheaper and more compact than a barrel. Which reminds me, I need to go pick up a barrel this week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Therefore, if it fits your needs and floats your boat...go for it. I would use it as a last resort or as a compliment to another system.

Or you can just shit on ideas and gear because they don't meet your particular needs.

I live in hurricane country and have time to fill the tub. Tornados are unlikely to be a concern. Therefore, the WaterBOB makes sense. Cheaper and more compact than a barrel. Which reminds me, I need to go pick up a barrel this week.

I didn't shit on it because it doesn't meet my needs . I simply stated it shouldn't be used as a primary source for the aforementioned reasons.

Get over it and go take that shit you are talking about
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#11]
metalrocks, great idea.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#12]
it's such a simple idea.. why did i not think of that, i could have made a ton of cash.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I purchased one because they're cheap and are a flexible storage medium as well.  I don't understand why you have to destry the water bladder when you can use a pump to remove the water.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was some reviews by a SF member that drained, dried, and reused the container with no ill effects.

I was thinking about that
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a very nice (and relatively inexpensive) thing to have around.

It's not ZOMGINSTANTWATER!!! miracle cure instant salvation for any and all water issues, but not a bad thing to have in the closet just in case.  More drinkable water is always a good thing.  The bag also doesn't take up much space, which is nice.

I have a few water cans in the garage, but will probably get one of these too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I purchased one because they're cheap and are a flexible storage medium as well.  I don't understand why you have to destry the water bladder when you can use a pump to remove the water.
It would take forerver to pump 100 gallons out into buckets and dump them. How much are these gems? It might be worth just cutting them up if they are cheap enough.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How much are these gems?

https://www.waterbob.com/Order.do?forward=order
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top