Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2008 8:37:30 AM EDT
REI GPS page

eta: also GPS Now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the deal with this GPS?  Does it have some new, cool feature?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the screen has more than twice the pixles, and 30% more diagonal, but the tradeoff is you loose 10 hours of run time on the batteries, and pay much more.

Not sure if that is worth it or not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It also comes with topo maps of the entire U.S. preloaded, and has a "paperless" caching system if your into Geocaching. I'm picking one up as soon as I see the price come down some.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It also comes with topo maps of the entire U.S. preloaded, and has a "paperless" caching system if your into Geocaching. I'm picking one up as soon as I see the price come down some.

I don't know what the deal is with GPS's...but it seems like the prices never "go down".

I bought my Garmin Etrex around 4 years ago for $99.......they are still selling for $99.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what the deal is with GPS's...but it seems like the prices never "go down".

I bought my Garmin Etrex around 4 years ago for $99.......they are still selling for $99.  

GPS now is offering it for $530 starting in mid-February so that will be enough of a drop for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top