Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2007 1:20:12 PM EDT
First impression: LOVE IT!

The shoulder strap, as mentioned by others, needs either reinforced or replaced.

I was thinking about that maybe my ibook will fit.  It does not, but I will try to find a mini-laptop that will fit in the bag.  

I suspected that my S.O. would hate it because either it looks like a man purse, or is too tactical-looking.  But, she actually thinks its nice, and wants one in black.

There is plenty of MOLLE on the front back and bottom.  I would kind of like to see MOLLE on the sides so I could put some Nalgene bottle pouches on it, but I wont lose sleep because of it.

I really like the handle on top, I have another similar bag with no handle on the top and its not very easy to carry sometimes because of the lack of that feature.

It also has a mesh pouch on the inside that has a velcro-secured flap over it to keep it closed.

Overall, very nice, great deal from County Comm.  Still listed at $16.99.  They ship from California though so it takes a long time to arrive to Michigan.  It did ship over the holiday though so YMMV.  I am ordering two in black, one for me and one for the SO.  Might get some as xmas gifts too.
www.countycomm.com/minebag.htm
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
for only $17 it's a deal.  Only problem for me is that countycomm went to UPS gournd only, so shipping to Hawaii costs me $25.

I got 25 of those little SOLED led lights (1 for everyone in my office).  They are better than the squeeze ones as they don't get accidntally pressed on in your pocket.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That's not a bag, it's a PALS PURSE.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome little bag.

I just ordered several more things from Countycomm.  That site is chock full of neat little gadgets.  The SO-LEDs with the clips are surprisingly bright, and when attached to the brim of a cap make a good headlamp.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It may be a purse, but try and take my wallet and ill pull a gun out of my "purse"
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm expecting two of the gen. 5 BOBs, and other assorted goodies, any day now from CC.

@ $17, I should break down on one of those EOD bags.

Show some pics of how you are setting it up. Are you running any exterior pouches?

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Im working on loading it up this week.

Anyone who orders from County Comm, I suggest you request in your order that they "use no tape on small parts".  They taped a few small items that I bought to the side of the bag holding the EOD bag.  The residue from the tape is impossible to clean off.  Its a real PITA.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

it's been said in another thread of a similar topic that MEN have been wearing bags and skirts longer than women have, reference the Scottish folk in regard to kilts and satchels. that being said, I recently bought (and received) the LaRue/Hawkepak E&E Bug Out Bag, which I really like. I have yet to field it, but it resembles almost any other messenger bag out there. YMMV

EDIT: just for clarification, I am not Scottish, and do not wear skirts/kilts
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
As far as running externals, I am looking into either buying or making a small panel that will hold some pens and markers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent bag overall.

Personally:
A little small for my use and the attachment points for the strap are too near the middle of the bag (bag would sometimes flip over).

Used it about twice then stuck it on the EE.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Excellent bag overall.

Personally:
A little small for my use and the attachment points for the strap are too near the middle of the bag (bag would sometimes flip over).

Used it about twice then stuck it on the EE.

I wonder if they improved the mounting location.  I think many bags have that problem, but I was impressed that this bag actually had a realistic location for the attachment points.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's been said in another thread of a similar topic that MEN have been wearing bags and skirts longer than women have, reference the Scottish folk in regard to kilts and satchels. that being said, I recently bought (and received) the LaRue/Hawkepak E&E Bug Out Bag, which I really like. I have yet to field it, but it resembles almost any other messenger bag out there. YMMV

Nobody who eats haggis can even be discussed seriously in this kind of conversation....

And besides, nothing is actually WRONG with carrying a purse, as long as it matches your shoes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody who eats haggis can even be discussed seriously in this kind of conversation....

And besides, nothing is actually WRONG with carrying a purse, as long as it matches your shoes.

You go girl.
I have one of these on order as well as a Camelbak Fieldcase.
Just bought a Maxpedition Colossus to replace my Toadstool but have no shoes that match that shade of green so it may have to go.

Pete
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You go girl.
I have one of these on order as well as a Camelbak Fieldcase.
Just bought a Maxpedition Colossus to replace my Toadstool but have no shoes that match that shade of green so it may have to go.

Pete

Haha not me.  I'm too butch for that.  Besides, I don't need PALS webbing because I don't have any cool MOLLE accessories to attach to it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, I just got two of these bags and they great.  I have one that attached to my LBE in the rear as a buttpack under my water bladder.  The other I webbed on a six mag pouch and made sort of musket bag.  The musket bag along with my Camelbak mule constitute my BUG stuff as well as range kit.  They SEEM to be as well made as my Blackhawk and LBT stuff.

How are they holding up for you guys?

R/

Mike
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#16]
ZAHAL has a rifle sling shoulder pad that looks like it would be perfect for an over the shoulder GHB or tactical laptop case. In fact, I bet one of their rifle slings would be great. The quick extension ability would be nice if you were wearing bulky clothing, say in the winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top