9 x 9 Sportsmans guide Tarp
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you detail how you rigged it?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
so with set up like this what do or would you put on the ground for your sleeping bag if it was raining, and will this keep the rain off you if you just put your bag on the ground?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
so with set up like this what do or would you put on the ground for your sleeping bag if it was raining, and will this keep the rain off you if you just put your bag on the ground?

I have used this setup for a camp trip and it rained for 3 days straight and it worked out. The only thing I did was put a lil trench around the tarp and only had a sleeping pad inside, I put the 3 sides towards the wind and never got wet once. The design actually has a name , sorta kinda. It was called a HOLDEN DEsign, but I Modified it. It has a single pole in the middle.

Here is the inside during that camptrip. There was plenty of room for 2 ppl and gear. It made it nice to be able to move around. The rain was so bad that you couldnt hear to talk etc. So we spent many a hours in our shelters. I was able to cook, sleep, etc. in mine. I put a poncho over the door way portion for two reasons. One was incase the rain did decide to shift and to use the hood portion to collect water to drink and cook with. I had it collect and drip out of the hood into a nalgene bottle and then used water filter to pump into another bottle. worked out well. lol

Notice the keychain nitelight wrapped around the center pole. lol.

The pole is a lil over 3 feet tall for those keeping score.

Sorry for the mess, my maid was away that week. LOL
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
cool set up what kinda tarps you guys using just average tarps pr canvas?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=605989

dupey dupe dupe

sorry...

figured that link would help ...

as for fabrics i use 1.3 oz ripstop or tafetta.  and silnylon for mine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=605989
dupey dupe dupe

sorry...

figured that link would help ...

as for fabrics i use 1.3 oz ripstop or tafetta.  and silnylon for mine.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/ShelterII0005.jpg

Nice set up, Can you link the ad for the tarp so we can get a price. How much does it weigh? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/ShelterII0005.jpg

Nice set up, Can you link the ad for the tarp so we can get a price. How much does it weigh? Thanks

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=97247
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#11]
For the size, color and weight, it simply cant be beat. You can find lighter material, but the cost is what will get you. Plus its hard to find good lightweight material in the exact sizing you want unless you want to sew pieces together. I have the 12 x12 version also, but havent put it up or anything. Im using Ti tent stakes to save weight. LoL..

The only thing about this size a tarp is making sure youve got ample room to set it up. Its big enuff that you could double it over and still make a decent shelter of some kind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top