Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:08:04 AM EDT
Are any of the CR123 batteries better than others?

Are the rechargeable ones any good?  If so, which brands?

My upcoming foray into the world of uber high tech flashlights is going to cost me a lot of batteries for a while (until I get tired of blinding myself and others), so I thought I'd as the hive mind....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I read that rechargeable CR123 batts can be charged to a higher voltage than standard ones and could potentially damage certain types of equipment.

Just buy a stack of standard CR123 batts from battery station and you will be fine.  They don't go as quickly as you may think.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You have to be careful with the rechargeable 123's- some of them will charge up to 3.6v (despite what Hong Kongese sellers may tell you), which will easily destroy electronics (ie lights) made for 3v batteries.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I use 123 in my duty lights, but some I know only use AA,and make it  a standard, so all of their gear is on same batt, with exception of neadlamp. AA are available all over, and are cheaper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top