Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 10:13:58 AM EDT
I have been round the forum for a while and am finally putting together a GHB.  I was thinking about getting a medium Alice Pack without a frame.  I live about 20 miles from work and will keep the pack in my company vehicle.  What are your thoughts on Alice Packs and what type of sholder straps do I need or do I need a frame.

Never been in the military, so I have not had an oportuntiy to use these packs in the past.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There were a few people posting experiences with them in this thread, I have one that I've used for several years that I've been happy with.  Great pack for the money.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I am currently using a Medium Alice for my GHB and i am quite happy with it.  I am using the frame, even though it adds a little weight because I found it to be more comfortable than without it.

It easily handles everything I need for 48 hours/GHB.  I found it at ayrad sale for $8.00

I even added a drag handle to it made of 550 paracord...

Spoon
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am currently using a Medium Alice for my GHB and i am quite happy with it.  I am using the frame, even though it adds a little weight because I found it to be more comfortable than without it.

It easily handles everything I need for 48 hours/GHB.  I found it at ayrad sale for $8.00

I even added a drag handle to it made of 550 paracord...

Spoon

Bastard.   I picked up on one eghey and shipping was more than that. The price on the packs is fine but they rape you on shipping.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to use an Alice Pack, if you're gonna carry it for any real distance with more than 20 lbs in it, I would suggest getting your hands on a frame and some quality shoulder straps w/ sternum strap AND get a good waist belt for it.

once you have all of that, put it on over what you're likely to be wearing, and start walkin around with it and adjust until you find what works for you.

Ultimately, you want the waist belt to take most of the strain off your shoulders, and the sternum strap should take up the rest.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top