Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2007 10:56:06 PM EDT
Thinking about buying one.  They are on sale locally for $20.  

Thanks
Grove
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never been impressed enough with Gerber Multi-tools to actually buy one myself, I tend to use my Sog Powerlock, or Leatherman, but there is a lot of people who do use the Gerber Suspension and like them very much. It's really a matter of personal preference. I have a number of Gerber folding knives that seem decent enough.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually hate gerber's multitools, but I needed a new one a couple weeks back and didn't have the money for a leatherman, so I bought one of the Gerber Suspensions and so far I really am happy with it.  MUCH MUCH better than the old Gerber style, no more pinched fingers using the pliers and all the tools lock in place.  Seems pretty well made.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The best multi-tool I've ever used, and I've used them all.

I've gone back and bought 4 more to put in my vehicles, packs, etc.

Good tool.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought one and like it so far.  Its my first multitool so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Grove
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Where was it on sale for $20? I think that is the best multi tool for the money at that price.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Bass Pro
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bought one and like it so far.  Its my first multitool so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Grove

Same here. I've used it quite a bit and it's held up well for me. I got mine at Gander Mtn. for ~$25 about a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Got it home and really like it so far.  I'm thinking about getting another one for my vehicle and maybe one for work as well.

Grove
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are getting a good deal.

I've been paying $29.00 for them at the navy exchange..
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I also have the suspension and for $20.00 its a hell of a deal.  I love it
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Gerber multitool from about 10 years ago (before they could be found cheap in Walmart). It cost me like $50 at the time. I also have Leatherman Wave, Supertool, and others. I do like that Wave I must say. But the Gerber is the one that goes out with me into the MT wilderness every time. The Wave just sits in the safe all nice and shiny and mint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top