Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2007 10:18:35 AM EDT
I'm finally ready to buy.
What do you recomend anyplace good to buy them online??
any features that are a must??
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try Kohl's or Tuesday Morning type stores.  I got a nice FoodSaver 80% off.  I like the feature for an extra long vacuum cycle, woks well when sealing clothing or other items with lots of air in the bag.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a RIVAL Seal a meal & Its done a great job for the last 4 or 5 years. Gone through several rolls of freezer bags and have no complaints at all. Got mine as a present but I don't think it was very expensive.  I'd buy another if it ever went out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You will never regret buying a food saver. I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You will never regret buying a food saver. I love mine.

+1

Just did a bunch or corn and peppers last night.

My wife loves it and all of my gear is vacuum packed. Fishing equip etc.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Specific models would be helpful
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Specific models would be helpful

FoodSaver Premier Series V1205 with "extended vacuum" feature.  A nice feature when sealing non-food items.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 5:03:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks....That model received some excellent reviews on Amazon.com.

Inexpensive too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Well i bought one yesterday along with several feet of the bag material.

i got the 2830 seems like all the new mdls are pretty much the same to me.... now i'm looking around trying to figure out what to seal up first
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Food Saver brand, works very good just stock up on bags, because you be VS all kinds of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well i bought one yesterday along with several feet of the bag material.

i got the 2830 seems like all the new mdls are pretty much the same to me.... now i'm looking around trying to figure out what to seal up first

Put the cat down and step away from the vacuum device!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top