Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2022 10:21:08 PM EDT
Short video on how people got by during The Great Depression.  On an on and off basis, I've been reading books on this subject matter and this video sums it up very well.  

https://www.brighteon.com/4e5c7303-d3a7-4d07-92ee-05af23798a9e

Two fun and easy reading books that are filled with first hand accounts include: We Had Everything But Money and its sequel, When the Banks Closed, Our Hearts Opened.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Farmers banded together and beat up anyone bidding on foreclosure auctions. Some ran the bankers out of town.

Maybe some of the merchant class were called mean names after they acquired family farms that had been passed down for generations. Or families were forced to prostitute their kids to a degenerate landlord in the city. Oh the horrors of ethnic intimidation against the chosen.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Farmers banded together and beat up anyone bidding on foreclosure auctions. Some ran the bankers out of town.

Maybe some of the merchant class were called mean names after they acquired family farms that had been passed down for generations. Or families were forced to prostitute their kids to a degenerate landlord in the city. Oh the horrors of ethnic intimidation against the chosen.
View Quote

I understand your first paragraph.

I am having some difficulty understanding the second.  Would you be willing to explain further.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top