Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2019 7:00:46 PM EDT
So looks like my tote has a slow leak from the valve. Are those replaceable?

I've put teflon tape on the thread and put the cap in. Mo joy

Also put the hose connector I built on too, still leaky leaky.

Is the whole valve replaceable?  Does bleach eat away at the plastic vlave?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you just add a valve after the leaking valve?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So looks like my tote has a slow leak from the valve. Are those replaceable?

I've put teflon tape on the thread and put the cap in. Mo joy

Also put the hose connector I built on too, still leaky leaky.

Is the whole valve replaceable?  Does bleach eat away at the plastic vlave?
View Quote
It looks like it's possible.

http://www.nutrac.info/2014/06/10/replacing-ibc-tote-valve/
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you just add a valve after the leaking valve?
View Quote
Yes, I do have another connector I made to connect up to the water hose.  I am draining the tank now to make sure that is where the problem is and not a pinhole leak underneath or on the side.  Cant really tell by looking at it.  I covered it with black plastic to keep sunlight out and prohibit any algae growth.  Takes a looooooon time to drain with a garden hose!

Also, like your avatar.  The sad man...Patriot is a kick ass show
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Thanks for the link, how the heck can a basinet wrench fit on that though.  Crazy
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Just closing this out. Yeah, duh I should just silicone the adapter I made onto the tote. Just need to swap out the hose fitting for a ball valve.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Halfway wondering about the "plastic welding" if it is not the valve and/or threads.

Late to thread, just posting this to see if anyone has done the plastic welding on something that gets used.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, that must be it.  Sealed up the valve but still leaked.  Was not coming from there.  Somewhere underneath was leaking.  Ended up getting a nice clean tote that used to be filled with Vivinal, which is a baby food additive.   Big ass valve on this, now I;ve got to make a new connector to hook it up to a hose
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top