Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2016 3:29:43 AM EDT
Has anyone tried Valley Food Storage? Their food looks like it is exceptionally good, but to date the only freeze dried food that I have tried is Mountain House, and that's only been the shit they sell at Walmart.

However, Valley Food Storage is currently having a sale and they are offering an extra 15% off if you sign up for their e-mail list.

Is this good food?

I am totally for living the high life on White Bean Chili and Pasta Primavera will the my neighbors are fighting over sewer rats and possums.

UPDATE:

I went out to their website and ordered a free sample. They sent me a package of their Irish Pub Style Cheddar Potato Soup. I am eating it now, and it is pretty tasty. I had to boil water and cook it for a few minutes, as opposed to Mountain House where I just pour in the hot water and let it set. But, the taste and quality is immeasurably better than Mountain House. This is like a meal that I enjoy eating, as opposed to Mountain House, which I would I would categorize as "better than eating rats."

I am going to order some of this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered a sample - no choice in meal - I'll give feed back.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
IT OBVIOUSLY LOOKS GOOD.

BUTTT THE SERVING/ PACKAGE/CALORIE  INFO  IS IFFY

CHICKEN ALA KING. 5 SERVINGS AT 235 CALORIES FOR 12 BUCKS.

THE BISCUIT SCONE MIX 250 SERVINGS WHICH IS UNKNOWN NUMBER OF BISCUITS UNLESS YALL KNOW HOW MANY GRAMS BISCUITS WEIGH. LIKELY ONE BISCUIT IS A SERVING. 295 BUCKS FOR 250 BISCUITS.

MIGHT NEED TO DO SOME STUDYING B4 INVESTING
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I realize a lot of Johnny Come lately's have come into the market in the last 10 years but who are they?
View Quote

No idea. I saw them on Amazon and checked out their website. The food looks much better than most of the other freeze dried stuff out there.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope you guys are looking at the ingredients as well as contents.  Some places include drinks, cereals for breakfast and dessert.  That's all filler material to up the # of servings.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty sure there was commercial in the middle of the night on FOX News for a free sample pack. I can't remember the link though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to their website and you'll see the link.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Go to their website and you'll see the link.
View Quote

I ordered the sample.

The Habanero Mango Chili is intriguing. It sounds very hoity toity.

"Oh, how is your Mountain House Sweet and Sour Pork? Well, I must say, the Habanero Mango Chili I had this afternoon was to DIE for! Now, I must go and have Rafael clean the bodies out of the barbed wire. TA!"

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump with update
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered a sample myself. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am totally for living the high life on White Bean Chili and Pasta Primavera will the my neighbors are fighting over sewer rats and possums.
View Quote
Save the freeze dried food for after the sewer rats and possums run out.  

Good info though; I hadn't heard of them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a free sample and was sent a pouch of pub style potato soup. It was decent in taste and texture. The potatoes had a bit of al-dente texture even after cooking but overall not too bad. I would have preferred they sent me more of a meal type dish since those are what I usually buy.

The packaging did leave a little to be desired because the information on the packaging was lacking and I could not find any sort of date on it which is useful for keeping stores of food... You kind of want to know how old it is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I tried some Mountain House that I had in my get home bag for about 5 years.  it was Beef Stew and it tasted just fine.

That is what got me interested in freeze dried foods for long term.  I bought a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer several months ago and now have over 200# of meats freeze dried as well as a start on my chili and some fruits and vegetables.

Freeze Dried foods for long term make better sense than home canned for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I ordered the sample.
The Habanero Mango Chili is intriguing. It sounds very hoity toity.
"Oh, how is your Mountain House Sweet and Sour Pork? Well, I must say, the Habanero Mango Chili I had this afternoon was to DIE for! Now, I must go and have Rafael clean the bodies out of the barbed wire. TA!"

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top