Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 3:15:22 PM EDT
I can never seem to find the highly recommended Leslie's version. But the Ultima T.K.O. brand is the same concentration and seems to be more widely available. Yet the product descriptions I am finding online aren't very thorough. Is calcium hypochlorite the ONLY active ingredient in this product?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
TKO Label

That help at all? It would appear from their label that is the only active...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TKO Label

View Quote

At least OUTSIDE your body...  

Bodies do funny things w/ stuff...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TKO Label

View Quote

Thanks for the info! Looks like this stuff is good to go and a solid alternative to the Leslie's brand. I'll lay back some of this stuff.

Also, that PDF label itself could prove useful for when storing opened contents in a separate container. I might have to print off a few of those.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be curious what the other 27% is. Maybe email the company and request an MSDS sheet from them it should like all ingredients.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
According to their MSDS, the remainder is in calcium salts, calcium hydroxide, and sodium chloride.

Link to PDF of MSDS
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
According to their MSDS, the remainder is in calcium salts, calcium hydroxide, and sodium chloride.

Link to PDF of MSDS
View Quote

Wonder if it is enough to effect someone with calcium kidney stones or high blood pressure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wonder if it is enough to effect someone with calcium kidney stones or high blood pressure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to PDF of MSDS

If you drink a LOT of it, maybe.

RO is a FAR BETTER solution, ----------but not a popular one 'cause most Preppers are too Fu'in lazy to look into it and prefer to bleat about simpler stuff they can BUY in their sleep for a couple $ and stick in their sock drawer.

EXPY/has some Calcium Hypochlorite stashed...  

Good stuff...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Look into Chlorine Dioxide, as an alternative to other water de-bugging agents...

Been posted abt here repeatedly...

Arguably a better approach. Look on eBay for a lot of info and prices and fast availability.

It's made by reacting sodium chlorite with a weak acid, like citric acid.

Sodium chlorite is available in bags of a pound or so and also kits.

Search eBay for Sodium chlorite.

Can't link to eBay for some reason.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top