Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2014 4:41:39 AM EDT
Was given the 7M 1st generation yesterday buy a buddy.
What are the recommended accessories to power battery chargers, cell phones, 2 way radios etc.?
This is my first portable solar so thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
did it come with the accessories?  should have a DC female plug which is very handy......then its basically whatever can be plugged into the usb port to charge your goodies
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
He just gave me the panel and pouch.
I called him and he said there is a cord somewhere in his office. Hopefully he will find it.
So, its the female end? I just plug right into it? That's pretty handy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#3]
if you get the Guide 10 battery pack/charger get the newer "plus" unit... if you need a cable the 7w panel is USB out to USB mini in at the Guide 10 pack....you may want to get a couple of cables with other terminal ends... I went with a Fujicell SCH 808F charger( 5vUSB, 12vdc, 120vac) before I got the Guide 10 pack, so I have options... also the 12v female cigarette plug to battery clips is nice to have just in case

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if you had one of those 50 watt solar panels if you could use it to charge it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I can find those extra cords on Amazon?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Nickds.... the USB to mini cable came with the 7w panel.... IIRC there was no cord with the Guide 10 battery pack...my comments were just to give some options if needed... I got the 12v charger first, and the Guide 10 pack later....mine is a dedicated hurricane supply, so I haven't really used it much after the first trial runs...to orient to the sun, I drove a nail as vertical as possible into a small piece of plywood, and prop the plywood so the shadow of the nail falls on itself to get the proper angle...
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just call goal zero
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Good advice.
Thanks for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top