Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:27:22 PM EDT
WHO announcement
10,000 people dead
Zombies walking the streets with the spanish flu?

whats the tipping point of your bug out strategy where you don't even give notice to work and bug out
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Med professionals becoming infected in large numbers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Government telling me everything is fine
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
..First clues you will hear is PSA announcing on radio  that the schools are CLOSED, and warnings NOT to bring children to the clinic/hospital for flue like symptoms.
THAT is your warning to  block driveway, and tape up the doors.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]

when the cats start dying
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Also when i see it for myself and its not some talking head on tvs scare tactic
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh come on!  We all know that ARFCOM gets the news before it's out.

I'll know it's the end game when I read it here!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#7]

What the fuck?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What the fuck?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What the fuck?

dunno, friend sent it to me earlier. apparently cats are a DELICACY overseas somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What the fuck?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Feral cat hunt?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Feral cat hunt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Feral cat hunt?

I think it's the big smile that bothers me.  I know that sometimes animals have to be killed in numbers.

But when you've done a job that involves killing a bunch of animals, a big smile indicates an underlying personality disorder.  One that creeps me out.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think it's the big smile that bothers me.  I know that sometimes animals have to be killed in numbers.

But when you've done a job that involves killing a bunch of animals, a big smile indicates an underlying personality disorder.  One that creeps me out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Feral cat hunt?

Lots of people smile after a successful hunt...

However, I really don't think that guy shot those on a feral cat hunt
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh come on!  We all know that ARFCOM gets the news before it's out.

I'll know it's the end game when I read it here!  
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
When someone posts in GD "fo time"....
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Feral cat hunt?

PETA feels the same way.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When someone posts in GD "fo time"....
View Quote

Oh hell, if that were true I'd have been quarantined in my house for the last four years.

I'll be watching for the respirator masks.  When you start seeing them on every other person, like you see in China and Japan when there's a contagious health threat, that means it's time for midmo & co. to lock down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Windows get boarded up as soon as I hear of a big "outbreak" or sickness in one third world nation and then one airline hub city.

Amsterdam, NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo, LA, Chicago, Paris, etc

Or if I DON'T hear anything but airplanes start getting force to return to origin with no explanation.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#17]
When or if my hospital makes wearing masks outside surgery and procedure rooms mandatory.  i.e.: masks in surgery and procedure rooms is a normal thing, wearing them everywhere is the kind of shit they do in China.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Combination of both of these, plus high morbility/mortality in spite of normally effective treatment, or a condition lacking any normally effective treatment.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]
When the President of Madagascar shuts down everything.  That's how we know we're fucked.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#20]
you mean it hasn't happened already..

Crap!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:23:23 AM EDT
[#21]
My wife works in a dr office so she "might" get a heads up if something is coming down. However, if I read of a major breakout problem in any major country it will be time to bug in for us since dallas/fort worth is such a major hub for international travelers. I half expect to see a major outbreak of something come from Asia soon. It just doesn't give me a good feeling when I see most Asian travelers wearing surgical masks pretty much at all times.  

You don't hear much about it but I still think a nuke is likely to happen in the USA in the next few years with all the nuts who have access to nukes these days. So if that goes down... we have a gameplan for that too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#22]

That guy can aim:

http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm

As far as crazy people w/ nukes, we're the only folks who've built 'em that actually used 'em.  By the time you have the infrastructure to build 'em, you've got too much infrastructure to lose - so you don't use 'em.

North Korea has 'em, & hasn't used 'em.  Iran can build 'em, hasn't, and wouldn't use 'em if they did.  Pakistan has 'em & hasn't used 'em.  Japan can build 'em, hasn't.  Anyone who can refine uranium can build one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Combination of both of these, plus high morbility/mortality in spite of normally effective treatment, or a condition lacking any normally effective treatment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

These. Easy part is I work from home, so it isn't that big of a deal for me to seal it off.

ETA: This is actually the scenario that scares my wife the most. She normally rolls her eyes with the scenarios I try to be ready for. SHE brings this one up and actually plans with me what we would do.

Once they gave the order not to bring sick kids into school, kiddo stays home. One doctors start getting sick, barricades in the driveway.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feral cat hunt?

Killing an animal is not the same as wholesale slaughter.  Again, sometimes wholesale slaughter is necessary.  At that point it's a job.  Not something that should give you a smile and a hard-on.  Unless you have a pretty serious personality defect.

In my opinion.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
PETA feels the same way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feral cat hunt?

PETA feels the same way.

Nice strawman.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Feral cat hunt?

I smile when I hunt duck, goose, and other small game but not cats wearing a pink shirt and shorts. That fucker just screams creepy!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Travel restrictions

Law enforcement reserves called up

Any type of quarantine that extends beyond one building within the US

Communications blackouts

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Feral cat hunt?

I have to admit that the photo is at least a little strange...  I don't know enough about the circumstances in order to make any judgements...  

Just an observation but if instead of cats he had a stringer (or cooler) full of fish, we'd be congratulating him on a good day fishing...

...just sayin'...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#30]
What the fuck?

View Quote

FWIW. I used to live in the first "wooded area" just after the county animal shelter where the idiots put out food and shelter for the cats that didn't make it inside. Used to get all kinds of "wild tame cats" and such in my AO. Just like the FSA, if you give them food and shelter they'll over breed with reckless abandon. Creating an undesirable situation.
So yeah, I could understand the guy smiling in a similar situation. Did it myself a bit, and I like cats.  

Concerning a pandemic? When my ol lady comes home early from the VA and starts talkin 'bout lockin the joint down. d:^)  Schneeks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:54:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I have to admit that the photo is at least a little strange...  I don't know enough about the circumstances in order to make any judgements...  

Just an observation but if instead of cats he had a stringer (or cooler) full of fish, we'd be congratulating him on a good day fishing...

...just sayin'...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feral cat hunt?

...just sayin'...

True enough.  And maybe fish, ducks, cats, lions, and whales are essentially the same.  But I don't think so.  We have brains that allow us to make distinctions based not on whether an animal is strictly a prey item, or a competing predator, but whether we want to kill it for other reasons.  I say that distinction gives us moral choices, and grinning from ear-to-ear while holding a bunch of dead cats is on the wrong side of moral - or at least on the wrong side of mentally healthy.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  True enough.  And maybe fish, ducks, cats, lions, and whales are essentially the same.  But I don't think so.  We have brains that allow us to make distinctions based not on whether an animal is strictly a prey item, or a competing predator, but whether we want to kill it for other reasons.  I say that distinction gives us moral choices, and grinning from ear-to-ear while holding a bunch of dead cats is on the wrong side of moral - or at least on the wrong side of mentally healthy.  
View Quote

Or maybe he was grinning b/c it he knew it would screw w/ the prissies.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Kicking in doors looking for guns.........
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Feral cat hunt?

Plus a and a for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Mass graves being dug.

When there's no longer time for funerals it's a true pandemic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:  True enough.  And maybe fish, ducks, cats, lions, and whales are essentially the same.  But I don't think so.  We have brains that allow us to make distinctions based not on whether an animal is strictly a prey item, or a competing predator, but whether we want to kill it for other reasons.  I say that distinction gives us moral choices, and grinning from ear-to-ear while holding a bunch of dead cats is on the wrong side of moral - or at least on the wrong side of mentally healthy.  

Thank you for using letters to make your words.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feral cat hunt?

Your comment was typed on a keyboard.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top