Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 7:58:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a version of these filters that has attachments for use with a camelbak or similar, built into it.  they have their own bite valve and QD fittings.  the ones i have came with a pre/sediment filter housing that screws on and off, and a spare filter.  also an 8" or 9" flexible plastic tube, pretty slick really.  those ive used, but only a little bit.  mostly for familiarization, not really putting it through its paces enough to say if its junk or gtg.  i think i found them at best glide or somewhere like that.  if i remember, i'll post a link.

i actually like the ones i have, but like i said, i havent had to really beat them up yet.

ETA;  ha....just checked the (Not Hot) link you posted.  Its the same one , just a different color.  the ones i have are green  and tan.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Raf, I have a few of the Aqua Mira Frontier Pro water filters and they're good short emergencies, but for something at the same price and much better, consider the Sawyer Mini. They are much better when used in the gravity mode and they have all the functionality, much longer life and a very proven track record.  

I put one in all the Christmas stockings (wife, daughter and son).  A little smaller than the Sawyer squeeze filter and more built-in simplicity...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I concur.  Please gather together links to your important hydration threads into one single thread, and I will non archive the several threads.

Much better if you could make a summary thread all by itself.
View Quote

Damn, I get tasked and work, at home and now here!  Looks like rain all day tomorrow, I may get a good start at consolidating...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
sawyer mini FTW
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Another Sawyer Mini user here. Bought some for the whole family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top