Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2013 9:22:00 PM EDT
Anyone try this? Revues on Amazon claim it is great.

Or, Nestle Nido Instant Dry Whole Milk.

I hate the taste of non fat dry milk, but are these whole milk powders any better?
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Nido is awesome. Tastes like real milk. Not great shelf life but that's OK when you enjoy drinking it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nido is awesome. Tastes like real milk. Not great shelf life but that's OK when you enjoy drinking it.

This makes me wonder what kind of milk you are getting in Washington State.
We did not like the Nido,
You might want to buy a small can to try first.

the Augason Farms Morning Moos is good, but it is not whole milk, it is a whey based milk substitute.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This makes me wonder what kind of milk you are getting in Washington State.

We did not like the Nido,

You might want to buy a small can to try first.

the Augason Farms Morning Moos is good, but it is not whole milk, it is a whey based milk substitute.

I didn't like Morning Moos at all.

A few issues I have with "milk substitutes" in general (and I've tried a few including Morning Moos):

* I haven't found one yet that tastes like milk.  They all taste kind of like milk, but that's it.

* They clump up when added to water.  You have to add it slowly or shake just to get it to blend in well.

* They are full of crap just to make it taste decent.

Nido doesn't clump (not for me) and it's real milk.

FYI I've had milk all over this fine country of ours, from the East Coast to the West Coast.

But as wshbrngr recommended, try a small can first, and you may try to do the same with the substitutes.  A #10 can is kind of a waste if you end up not liking it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
<snip>
I didn't like Morning Moos at all.

A few issues I have with "milk substitutes" in general (and I've tried a few including Morning Moos):
* I haven't found one yet that tastes like milk.  They all taste kind of like milk, but that's it.
* They clump up when added to water.  You have to add it slowly or shake just to get it to blend in well.
* They are full of crap just to make it taste decent.

Nido doesn't clump (not for me) and it's real milk.

FYI I've had milk all over this fine country of ours, from the East Coast to the West Coast.

But as wshbrngr recommended, try a small can first, and you may try to do the same with the substitutes.  A #10 can is kind of a waste if you end up not liking it.

OK, I was kidding about the milk in Washington,

I think Morning Moos tastes OK, but has an odd aftertaste. (Not bad, just odd - but then again, it is not milk)
My wife likes it better than I do.
It is good for people that are lactose intolerant.

The closet powdered milk I have had to fresh milk is the Augason Farm Country Fresh, but it is fat-free.

My wife and I don't drink whole milk anymore, (usually 2% or less) perhaps that is why we did not like the Nido....

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I like Nido.  I don't think it tastes like real milk, but it is palatable and better than non-fat powdered milk.  Maybe add a touch of sugar and/or vanilla.

Dollar Tree sells Gossner boxed milk that has a shelf life of just over a year at, you guessed it, $1 a quart.  It is actually pretty good, comparable to Parmalat that WalMart sells for over $2 a quart.

Like they said, get some and try it before you stock up.

jd1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top