Posted: 12/24/2012 9:31:30 AM EDT
Is this what its coming too?

Maps of NY State Permit holders
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupe.

Liberal assed newpapers did that here a couple years ago with permit holders around the Oralando area. The legislature removed the permit info from the freedom of info law however after reading the CCW permit paperwork it says that the legislature can only give a one year exemption so it has to be renewed every year.

I can't stand these news outlets!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]

OTOH, we are free to publish the names and addresses of "reporters"

who have gun free zones at home.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good to me.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Brick + window =
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#6]
That is not of CCW holders....it is purchase permits for handguns...they just gave the scum a bunch places to rob to get firearms.  Isn't that illegal gun registration?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#7]
That is the problem being in a state that makes that info public.

I don't think most do.

But I don't have anything to back that up with.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I am going under the premise is there is not to be a gun registration, especialy since the newspaper has now put all these people in risk
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Now if I lived there and someone broke into my house and I shit them I would sue the reporters for putting my address online and saying I have valueable property to steal. Sue them for putting a bullseye on my family.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is not of CCW holders....it is purchase permits for handguns...they just gave the scum a bunch places to rob to get firearms.  Isn't that illegal gun registration?

Could have also given the scum a list of hot houses to avoid robbing as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
that would require intelligence....many criminals, especially repeats would not consider it, or worse..the people just moved and the new owners have no firearms
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
OP make that link cold!  Arfcom hits the top of google on many searches... lets not make it any easier!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What about publishing the addresses of current sitting congressmen and senators? Along with all the addresses of every federal agent in every alphabet letter soup agency. Fuck 'em because two can play this game.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about publishing the addresses of current sitting congressmen and senators? Along with all the addresses of every federal agent in every alphabet letter soup agency. Fuck 'em because two can play this game.

Keep in mind that it was a newspaper that published that. MANY federal agents are pro-gun, and are innately targets for terrorists/criminals/etc.  Why drag another group into this?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep in mind that it was a newspaper that published that. MANY federal agents are pro-gun, and are innately targets for terrorists/criminals/etc.  Why drag another group into this?

As i do not disagree with you that there are several many good agents in every agency, there are as many bad ones. Remember, all the director has to say is "this is a high level threat against the national security of the United States of America. That is all you need to know so get to work." The "threat" is really a stay at home soccer mom whos husband is a member of this site and is someone with "to many guns"  This is why if anyone wants to publish personal information, it should go both ways. I read "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" and that book is becoming reality so thats where i got the idea.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#16]
That list is a total invasion of privacy. Someone is going to mandate you need a permit and then blab it to every crook around?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Just seen that Fox News blabbed it all over Facebook.

Great  .

Looks kind of like a shopping list for the first round of confiscation...

Edit for spelling.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Just seen that Fox News blabbed it all over Facebook.

Great .

Looks kind of like a shopping list for the first round of confiscation...

Edit for spelling.

damn the news people for reporting news

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#19]
ha, here in Texas... that list would not be of much use to criminals. Every other house in my county probably has guns and most have multiples. What it would really show is to tell criminals they should go somewhere less pro-gun like maybe the east or west coast.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#20]
There has been a counter to the permit holder info leak, a blogger has posted the addresses of all of the senior staff on that paper as well as the person who wrote the article
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There has been a counter to the permit holder info leak, a blogger has posted the addresses of all of the senior staff on that paper as well as the person who wrote the article

This is what was done in west TN a few years ago. The paper staff information was also given out. The drop off of subscriptions was a devastation to the paper. They never recovered. The editor didn't care and left the paper for a job on the left coast near Nancy. Many jobs were lost at the paper and even today, the sunday addition is sold at half price  by street vendors. They do all they can to get advertisers for the paper. Have to bump subscriptions to get advertisers.Papers were still being delivered even when not paid for to keep subscriptions up for advertisers. This information was given out on a conservative radio show locally. Don't get the paper.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#22]
OH, and btw, fuck Google for their participation in this matter, aye?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:25:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OP make that link cold!  Arfcom hits the top of google on many searches... lets not make it any easier!

THIS.  you are not helping.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Google makes the API for such maps freely available to anyone.  You could just as easily do such a map on the addresses of the editors, etc.   That's hardly "participation."
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Nothing new here. There was another website that goes up and down often enough to piss me off. It is a list, not a map, of those with a pistol permit in NY State. It includes individuals, police officers, judges, sheriffs etc.

Luckily the last time I checked it wasn't updated enough so I wasn't on it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Newspapers make their money from subscriptions, the amount they are allowed to charge is determined by the amount of subscribers, the sales in stores does not count for circulation.  Best thing to hurt them is to cancel subscriptions and buy newsstand  The newsstand price does not cover the cost
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#27]
We need addresses of the judges and the police too.

Might as well throw in all the public employees as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#28]
http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/

The link contains contact info for the author, editor, and others at the paper that published this story if you would like to contact them and respectably express your opinion of the piece.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck evil google for their mere existance...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ha, here in Texas... that list would not be of much use to criminals. Every other house in my county probably has guns and most have multiples. What it would really show is to tell criminals they should go somewhere less pro-gun like maybe the east or west coast.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Maybe the upper East coast but they sure as hell don't want to work the Georgia, SC and NC states, we gots more guns than Tx....
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#32]
And a lot more swamps...swamps is good places to lose people
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#33]
just saw where one of the papers will release additional CWP holders info for surrounding counties...

appears they don't give a crap what gun owners think.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And a lot more swamps...swamps is good places to lose people

swamps are a really good place to lose people........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top