Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 11:46:18 AM EDT
Melrose park Illinois
Anyone have experience with their gas cans?

Metal with plastic cap/spout
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
These are for sale at Sportsman's Warehouse.

anyone?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No personal experience but reviews on amazon are less than stellar.  Amazon
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Geohans, the Midwest can with the plastic top looks like some I have seen at stores near me.  Very frighting...they look as though they will leak and that the caps will break soon once in service.  Just from what I observed in the store.

Get good cans from Old Grouch or Atlantic British, then you will not have to worry about fuel drama.  Go on and get a super siphon too and be done with your fueling worries.

If you need to buy locally for whatever reason.  Then have a look around at surplus stores for some NATO, Scepter, or GI Blitz cans in decent condition.  Auto parts and some farm stores may have CARB compliant Blitz brand metal cans...these look like red GI Blitz cans.  If you have to buy new Blitz metal CARB cans, then just use the transport cap and a super siphon.

Once you make the step to get good cans then you just have to decide how many cans to get.

I hope this helps

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top