Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2012 9:56:03 AM EDT
Between a Blow/Dart gun or a Bow/Cross bow. which do you think would be the best insturment of survival. say im out of 556 no ammo to hunt with ect. and i had one of these two.  I know obviously the Bow & Arrow type weapon would be the better choice but would it really? what if it breaks or snaps?  i think the blow gun has alot of potentil due to lung power ect. list the pros and cons of each. sorry im new to these weapons lol. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Blow gun VS Crossbow ––––  dam ––––- how much game have you killed with a blow gun?  I know I have killed deer with a  bow. If you want a blow gun to play with so what, but you might be thinking about a good pellet gun or 22 for small game and some traps. .
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the obvious is the bow is going to be superior. The blow gun will only be able to take small game/pests. Bow will be able to take anything from rabbits to deer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It depends.  How good are you at making poison?  See, the natives who hunt with blowguns use poisoned darts because there isn't sufficient power behind the things to really kill anything subatantial by the strike alone.  Even bows/crossbows rely more on the animal bleeding out than catastrophic trauma.

I think your best bet is to practice making snares and then just bash the critters on the head with a rock.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Between a Blow/Dart gun or a Bow/Cross bow. which do you think would be the best insturment of survival. say im out of 556 no ammo to hunt with ect. and i had one of these two.  I know obviously the Bow & Arrow type weapon would be the better choice but would it really? what if it breaks or snaps?  i think the blow gun has alot of potentil due to lung power ect. list the pros and cons of each. sorry im new to these weapons lol. Thanks

IF you are serious, and I'm REALLY doubtful, hard to beat Xbow- shorter learning curve.

But snares and traps work while you do other things, and are MUCH more discreet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top