Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2011 7:37:50 PM EDT
don't know if ya'll have tried these, but Hamburger Helper makes a whole meal in a box that includes the hamburger. They only require water and heat to make and have a shelf life of one year, which is plenty for our family as we rotate thru it well before that.

anyway, the local Dollar General has them on sale for $2.50 a box (reg $3.25 or so). So, while on sale, you can get the complete main dish for less than the price of the hamburger (if you were making regular HH)

pick up 10 meals for $25 isn't bad at all IMHO.

The mexican version has rice and hamburger and is GREAT rolled up in a tortilla...
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My mother used to give us that crap when my dad was out of work in the winter and she didn't want to cook.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I have had a few different ones.  I will head to Dollar General and check it out!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Way too much sodium.

im getting old and my body doesnt like sodium (HBP)
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My mother used to give us that crap when my dad was out of work in the winter and she didn't want to cook.

Different strokes for different folks.

I've got a friend that LOVES sardines. I can't be near them without wanting to puke, but if it were my only survival choice, I"d be a sardine eating fool...

and for wiw, while you're at the DG, they've got good deals on their brand of TP. Compare it to the Angel Soft brand, and you get 10% more sq ft of TP, for $6 vs $10 for the Angel Soft.
Also other good deals I've found there:
Salad Dressing $1
Catsup (LARGE bottle for $2.35)
Pepperoni about half price of grocery store
$1/loaf bread
Real bacon bits about 70% of grocery store price
Often good deals on rice and beans as well
Good deals on basic first aid and OTC meds

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#5]
HEB here has a store brand that's $1.00 a box.
It's really a good tasting meal.
The wife will fix it for a quick supper, just add hamburger.
The chicken one is really my favorite. We saute chicken breast to put in it but if we want it super fast just open a can of chicken breast from Sam's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top