Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 7:29:41 PM EDT
Hi, folks
   First post, but long time lurker. Moved to Colorado from Florida about a year ago and I finally decided to get a few things in order as far as preps go and that is drinking water. I was looking at rain barrels for water storage both beacause they look easier to clean than the large blue 55 gallon drums and they have a spigot on the bottom. I was thinking of a Fiskars, but if there is better I'm open to suggestions. Another issue is freezing temps in the winter as I didn't really have to deal with this issue in Florida. Can I simply fill it half way to give the water room to expand or is there a better way? I searched a didn't find much so your insight is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
rain barrels could leach chemicals out into the water depending on what they are made of. better off to get food grade barrels so you dont have to worry about it. you can add a spigot to any barrel with a kit and a drill bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top