Posted: 8/5/2011 8:34:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
similar to a tortilla recipe I have :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The difference is the coating with oil after it is mostly cooked. My ex (beaner from Sonora) used Crisco and only flipped the tortilla once.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Might have to give that a try.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The difference is the coating with oil after it is mostly cooked. My ex (beaner from Sonora) used Crisco and only flipped the tortilla once.

I thought that word was like the "N" word

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is what we stock .
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Chapatis also make a nice crust for a small pizza. I had one a couple of weeks ago with chicken masala. Delicious.

Look-up naan flatbread, too, if you like chapatis.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Chapatis also make a nice crust for a small pizza. I had one a couple of weeks ago with chicken masala. Delicious.

Look-up naan flatbread, too, if you like chapatis.

Home made naan or pitas and home made hummus.  Makes a nice change of pace for dinner or a snack with friends at a party.

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're going to use your ground wheat berries for these...put them through the grinder twice to get the flour as fine / light as possible or it won't puff up on the grill.
Mix in some white flour if you're not used to wheat.

AND––- while they're still hot, slice 'em in half and stuff 'em with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
almost the same as making the hobbus I'd get in Iraq

Link Posted: 8/5/2011 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that word was like the "N" word  

Slurs dont count against you when its your X......I.E. in my case....Common russain gutter slut mixed with hunky (hungarian) whore........No guilt what so ever
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks........I've been working on humus, but haven't ventured into flat bread.   It looks easier than grandma's lite rolls.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Those look great.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Very good stuff. My wife makes it. Lots of work to get it right.  Not just mix and fry.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Good post. Those look delicious. Its interesting how so many of us can't get past the traditional paradigms of either making bread "short," i.e. using shortening, or making it rise with yeast. If you have neither of these, you can still make great use of your wheat stores.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#16]
This should be cross posted in the Food forum so it can be found easily.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I made some flat bread tonight.  It's now on the list of things I can't cook inside due to a little smoke from the griddle.  I used regular whole wheat flour.  They were "that" easy and were quite tasty with some homemade hummus.
""
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top